It lives...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Last night and this past weekend has been such a blast! I had so much adrenaline pumping on Pyro late last night! Good times! I too cannot believe that I'm seeing 3v3 and 4v4 after close to 15 years! I hope that it only gets better! I should be available tonight if anyone wants to hop on and mess around. See you guys soon! :D

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Last night and this past weekend has been such a blast! I had so much adrenaline pumping on Pyro late last night! Good times! I too cannot believe that I'm seeing 3v3 and 4v4 after close to 15 years! I hope that it only gets better! I should be available tonight if anyone wants to hop on and mess around. See you guys soon! :D

I hope to get on tonight as well. I won't lie, this all hinges on one thing: Sons of Anarchy. My wife and I have enjoyed this show since we started watching it and tonight is the finale. We usually DVR and watch another night, but not always. This means either tonight or tomorrow night my rear will be planted on the couch watching TV. Quite possibly the other night will be in a chair playing UT.:D

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
I hope to get on tonight as well. I won't lie, this all hinges on one thing: Sons of Anarchy. My wife and I have enjoyed this show since we started watching it and tonight is the finale. We usually DVR and watch another night, but not always. This means either tonight or tomorrow night my rear will be planted on the couch watching TV. Quite possibly the other night will be in a chair playing UT.:D

I was more of a TWD and Breaking Bad guy but I have heard good things about SOA. No worries about playtime, I'll catch up with ya sooner or later! I still need a rematch from a couple nights ago! :p

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
It's pretty good. The story and character development is good, special effects etc. It's not a heavy/intensive zombie war on a show by show basis as some would make it out to be. It's a good watch.

Also, I'm running at 1980x1080. Is there possibly a way to make the chat bigger? The text is small, hard to read and some of the time I have to tilde to read. Is there possibly a way to change the text size from within the chat box? I know about making the GUI bigger and double the text size but that doesn't help in game. Thanks

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Osk, do you think maybe changing the colors may help? I know those can be changed, but I can't find anything for size.

I am using a mod called XConsole that allows to customize colors of the chat box

Last edited:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
I changed the font color however it did not help. It is a cool mod though and I think I will be using this from now on. Thanks

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
My major gripe was that my dot crosshair that used to be nice and crisp when I played at a 1024x768 resolution was giant and blurry at 1680x1050. I found a fix here.

But it took me a while to actually find out where my real user.ini was. Apparently, when UT is installed on newer Windows 7 systems, it makes a user.ini in the old \Program Files\Unreal Tournament\System folder but it does not allow the program to edit them. The real user.ini is in \Users\Brett\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\UnrealTournament\System. That also means that I was actually taking screenshots successfully. ;)

I haven't touched my settings otherwise besides basic weapon keybinds. Default sensitivity seems good on my setup. Need to get *attack* and *defend* voice commands in there though.

Does RIP have ACE on the server? If so, I think I have found out the crosshair fix. I too have a huge white dot lol...

"If you are playing on an ACE enabled server (most decent servers should be), then type mutate ace crosshairscale -1.0 in the console to dynamically adjust the crosshair to your resolution, or use a positve number to fix it to a set size."

EDIT: http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=Utilities/Crosshairs/

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
There is no anti-cheat running as best as I can tell. ACE I believe (OR CHSP??) is what supports commands for "nextteam" to switch teams via a bind.

I ended up using one of the crosshairs I found from maest's post above and found one I liked. There is a lot more going on than a dot which was my go to back in the day but it works for me.

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
There is no anti-cheat running as best as I can tell. ACE I believe (OR CHSP??) is what supports commands for "nextteam" to switch teams via a bind.

I ended up using one of the crosshairs I found from maest's post above and found one I liked. There is a lot more going on than a dot which was my go to back in the day but it works for me.

Cool, I will take a look at Maest's post. Thanks

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
There also also some pretty cool scoreboard update mods that I've seen screenshots of. Don't know what it's called though. Sounds like Rip needs to get Ace, the scoreboard mod, and the old clan skins up on the server. ;)

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
SmartCTF ?

Cloud_9-vs-The_Boys_Of_Summer11199551.jpg

Yup

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I've never been one to worry about cheating. Which isn't to say there aren't people that go around with cheats, but for me they are to be pitied, not worth scorn and certainly not worth worrying about. I've seen (and been on the wrong side of) what the subject of cheating has done to our little community. I don't think it was ever an issue in the community before cheat protection was put on the servers, and I'm sure it did some good, but coincidence or not, it went the other way from quelling paranoia about it. Sorry, I guess it's sort of a sore subject with me. :eek:

Regardless, it's no skin off my back to put some protection on the server, and if it's useful with other things too, then great. So I'll try to put ACE on tonight. I'll also include the scoreboard mod, thanks for keeping on about it, I like it! And I believe we are still missing many classic maps.... I'll begin to try to remedy that. ;-) And perhaps some need to be culled, as well. :p Perhaps some skins added too? I'll post again when I've got it done. I'm just glad there's interest. :)

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone has some specific maps they'd like added, post 'em here! Server has a vote system so even if I don't like them hehe I'll put them on. If you don't know their names, feel free to describe them, maybe someone can remember.

Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
I'll be stopping in an hour or so after work and I expect to have the server updated for testing. ;)

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Sigh, not having much success here (none). ACE kicks me for my opengl file....... which is opengl 3.7, and I have read it should not kick for that.... okay? It does. Cheat protection "should not's" = happens. I guess I'll come back to it later. SmartCTF, I get it to work, and it crashes the server moments in. *shrug*

EDIT: SmartCTF is working, yay. Had to load it a different way so that it would work with Excessive, and hit it with a wrench a few times to get that way to work, figuratively of course. :p Adding some maps now.
EDIT2: SmartCTF is not working, lol. Now it's a conflict with the server actor I use to have the server setup correctly after a restart and to let EO run as a gametype mod instead of a bunch of mutators.... so, it's on the backburner until I find a replacement for that, sorry! Back to adding maps/skins.

Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Well that's no good. I guess we can do without ACE. I'm guessing most people are using OpenGL these days. Let me know if I can help.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Screw anti cheat. No need for it with less than a dozen people who suck anyway.

Smartctf is awesome. Doesn't hat do auto team balance or is that another mod? Gives cookies or something base don various factors and balances team (or gives an option to bslance) based on those scores.

Fast cap is one I used to enjoy. Records ctf capture times. Shows record per map when capped. I always tried to set those records lol.

As for maps, I could be wrong on a name or two but these are a few I loved playing UTEO back in the day:

AlexiasPlayhouse
Almost
Lights_OUT

There are a few more. Don't remember names off top of my head. Think I have some old old screen shots that may indicate names.

Rip, again I want to let you know I really appreciate you hosting a server for us and putting in any amount of work to make it feel like home (lol)

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
What's the map that's all blueish walls, the flag is on a platform above a super deep pit? Not huge but not tiny. Walls go up go second level which is just one long open hall on either side.
possium???

That's all I care to type on my phone about that lol

Last edited: