Is This loadout acceptable?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

karsh

Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh
May 24, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
I've been outa here for just over a month, (no guess's at the date...)

ok to the subject, I used to use a similar load out, but found it much to heavy, I try to keep as light as i possably can. so i reduced my load out for grenading to
3 grens, berretta with two clips. this still allows me to move fast, and run when need be. But and I know everyone that has witnessed me with this load out there is one major FLAW, TK's, its very hard to realy not kill or injur your team mates if you are shot with a loaded grenade.

I only very rarely use this load out, these are currently my fav's
AKSMU + 2 Drums, (great for covering fire)
FP90 + 2 box's, (Great for those medium distance acuracy shooting roles)
Robar + 2 Clips + Berreta + 2 clips (I love snipering, and this is my fav role in the game)
Or
PSG1 + 1 clip + Berretta + one clip

as you can see Im not into the Close Quarter Combat, and only use grenades in one load out, and very rarly even use that load out because of the TKing problems i have in that load out.

I neaver use the two Gren launchers, and dont even seem to use ACOG's, I need to move with out a scope to bother me, and I need to move fast, so Im NOT carrieing TWO weapons at once ever.(unless its a rifle and pistol)

I hope that helps you out abit..

Just a note
can some one tell me what this two gren or three Gren Limit is???

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
two nades for the 203, three nades for the hk launcher
The nades do less damage now, and we get a useless ammount of them.
unfortunatly, that forces players to fire them at point blank range, where a scope can quite easily see the target area.

since makign a simple direct solution to a specific problems not the answer, everyone's into double and tripple penalties.
"lets hang em THEN shoot em, and when were done, we'll DROWN HIM!!" :D

my $0.02 worth,
I dont use an acog + 203, but I also dont fire my 203 in the upright position cause the iron sites get in the way.
since its at the hip, I dont see how teh scope bothers anything.
assuming troops dont put their eye behind a scope when firing a 40mm round, I dont see how an acog is totaly outta the question.

what I do wonder, is why someone designated a marksman (by the fact hes carrying a scope) is gonna run grenadier role too.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
hmm well don't worry i was playing inf with gyrphon and i asked him is we could carry two long guns in 2.86 his answer was

you can but you will be spenind the the whole round trying to leave your spawn

Originally posted by TheViper
Asmodeus said, "I saw an actual navy seal with the frigging gun! Otherwise I would not use it (ok maybe it wasn't an acog, but it certainly was a scope)."

And Tiffy said, "Theres nothing wrong with putting an ACOG, or any other scope, and an M203 onto an M16 in RL. If you can manage to hit things with a weapon so badly unbalanced then power to you."

OK, someone with RL experience with the m203 please answer this once and for all. Personal opinions regarding practicality aside, CAN you (considering only hardware compatibility) use the m203 in conjunction with an ACOG? I've quit using the m203 because someone who I thought would know said, awhile back in another thread, that it -cannot- be used with a scope, and I find it difficult to place the m40 round with iron sights. With that and the 2-nade limit, I found it no longer practical. However, I find it easy to use with a scope.

Here's one thing that might make it impractical to use the acog with the m203 IRL even if the hardware is compatible, though: right now, that combination is useful in Infiltration because you can aim the m203 with the acog. IRL, though, I suspect, you would have to elevate the weapon so far that you would not be able to see the point of impact through the acog (your view would be far above the impact point). Am I correct in this?

Well, you CAN physically mount both of them. You are correct, however, in surmising that the M-203 cannot be aimed through the ACOG sight. Since the ACOG obscures the iron sights, an M-16 + ACOG + M-203 combo can only be fired from the hip. Have fun with that.

The Navy Seal may have been using either an aimpoint sight or a non-telescopic night-vision scope unit. Those are valid combinations with the M-203, although the recoil of the grenade makes using a scope of any sort a bit hazardous -- if you don't brace correctly, you could get the scope slammed into your eye.

The M-203 should be paired with a quadrant sight.

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by "Sp!ke"
I was just wondering: 4 nades, beretta with 2 clips and hk 69.
Is this a nade spamming whore loadout?

And could someone also post all their "acceptable" reaøistic loadouts?

drop 3 nades and the hk69 ;)

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
My heaviest loadout, and one I have grown to love, although not entirely realistic...
AK, 2-3 clips (yes, clips) No spraying there.
H&K69a1, 3 nades.
Its my artillery/support loadout.
I love the H&K69, and you will never pry the AK out of my dead hands.

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
Originally posted by The_Fur
something else i'd like to see is smaller view areas when zoomed, WWIIOL models this quite nicely, the less you zoom the smaller your view area. That would stop everybody and their dog taking a ACOG or any other scoped weapon on every occasion.

As for the robar + any other weapon:

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU KIDDING?

YOU ARE NOT ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER! the robar alone UNLOADED weighs 11Kg, now i assume you want ammo with that robar as well, slap on some more Kg's and you STILL ant to take an MP5 (which weighs in at some 3 and a half Kg loaded) that is 14+ KG for just 2 unloaded weapons. Now add ammo and grenades and the word turtle comes to mind.

OMG 10kilos!! IM GONNA DIE!

Sriderteen said, "Well, you CAN physically mount both of them. You are correct, however, in surmising that the M-203 cannot be aimed through the ACOG sight. Since the ACOG obscures the iron sights, an M-16 + ACOG + M-203 combo can only be fired from the hip. Have fun with that."

I would like to see the Inf team make that change, so that when you properly aim the M203 on an M-16/ACOG/M203 combo while looking through the scope, all you see is blue sky (not the target the 40mm will strike). Since aiming the M203 through the scope is very easy and effective right now, and it's impossible IRL, it's unfair/unrealistic and should be changed.

I've placed this suggestion in the "New Version Suggestions" area.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
an m-16 will fit an acog and 203 at the same time.
and our accuracy using it is none of your concern.

I dont see whats with this recent surge to make the 203 the only weapon you get no ammo for, does no damadge, cant aim, and cant attach to your weapon.
that sounds so silly

Olecram

Oct 15, 2001
IT
Visit site
I seem to be quite unreal

Beretta, 2mags
Silenced MP5 , 2 mags
Famas or m16-scoped with 3 clips
3 nades

From what i've read... its not plausible... is it?

Never seen nor touched any steel. :p

Razz, you said, "an m-16 will fit an acog and 203 at the same time. and our accuracy using it is none of your concern."

What's with this -attitude-? And what's with this "our" crap, Mr. Newbie?

If I can fire a 40mm grenade through a keyhole at 50 yards because of an (IRL) impossible use of a scope, that bears directly on realism. As an old schooler concerned with realism, it is "my concern" in that the Infiltration community members have cordially discussed such suggestions here for years (which you probably don't know, given your registration date). Please allow people to make such suggestions without such derisive comments. They add nothing of value to this great forum.

Last edited:

BIG_MONKEY_JR

Apr 1, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
in another thread somebody says that 50 Cal. snipers rifles are used for SAMS and equipment type stuff, but I was watching TLC, and they were showing snipers in the american special forces, and they said they were used to snipe the enemy soldiers, and also, it showed the the rest of the seals or whatever they were, and 3 or 4 of them had M16's with ACOG's (I know this because I've seen one IRL) and M203's, can you please explain this?

Can't. I assume if that combination is used IRL, then the acog is zeroed for either the .223 round or the 40mm grenade, but not both. My bet would be on the former, and they would probably have to aim the M203 without a scope/sights (rather than use the acog for both, as in Inf).

Shakken, can you comment on this?

&

"Sp!ke"

The Seals use a big black .50, something Macmillan against personell....

"When targets lie at longer range, sniper operations call for such weapons as the McMillan M88 , a single-shot rifle that fires a huge 700-grain projectile -- with a muzzle velocity near 3000 fps"