installation prob!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

freeware:virii

Feb 5, 2001
pgh,pa,usa
pages.zdnet.com
i'm running a celeron 500 with 96mb ram, vodoo3 pci 16meg, so i have plenty enogh power to run the game.

But every time I try installing Unreal tourney, when i boot up the game it shows me the nice looking unreal logo then
my whole screen goes black,You think its gonna start but it just sits there....Black!!! for ever.i can't do anything it's like a system crash!.

I got the game running in trouble shoot mode without sound and all the goodies but it only works one time out of nine...i need help, I really want to play this game.please help if you can.
If you don't want to respond then don't.
I don't want flamed just help.
Thank you for reading this

{SOA}_=X=_Dra'gon

Masterful
Feb 1, 2001
CA, USA
Visit site
My screen only goes black like that if my screen resolution is to high...or not correct. Not the setting in the game but under display in your control panel. Have you had this problem with any other games? It sounds like its an obvious video card issue or again display setting. Did you get as far in the game to choose what video driver your going to use? Let me know......

freeware:virii

Feb 5, 2001
pgh,pa,usa
pages.zdnet.com
thanks

my res is 800x600, and i installed the patches in every combo i could think of..installed after i booted up for the first time..i installed before i booted up.. lol..Damn it i'm getting depressed over this damn game.

Thanks for the suggestions, and being nice to the newbie guy :)

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
Try this.

Go into your UnrealTournament.ini file and change the line after LocalMap=

Make it look like this

LocalMap=UT-Logo-Map.unr

That will stop it from loading the City Intro movie at startup. Could be that's whats holding you up.