Instagib in UT2k4 [Link inside]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nurulwai

Mar 27, 2002
UK
Visit site
It's not proper insta (from what I've read of the first page), you need to enter some daft set command, etc, rather than a mutator.

I could make an insta mutator that works with the demo, though...

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Hmm...

/me reads the forum Terms of Use Agreement

Dammit...we forgot to put in the rule:

"Linking to Atari forum threads will be prohibited. Scientific data proves that linking to the Atari forums may cause the brains of BU members to initiate defrag mode"

:)

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Lets not do an IG Vs. NW.

Why IG did so well in UT2K3? beats me.

it is an age old debate, I'm sure we don't have to drag in an old beaten horse to beat it some more do WE?

NO!

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The Warden said:
Why IG did so well in UT2K3? beats me.

Because that's the way it is. Back when the UT2003 demo was released, I was suprised to find that I like insta in UT2003 even though I didn't like it in classical UT. That's because there's more point and click action while in UT you still have to lead even when your ping is low (pita really).

zukeft

Oct 22, 2003
Bogotá, Colombia
Visit site
I prefer DM with NW all of the times, however once every 50 matches I don't mind some IG action in FFA with lots of people. It's true that IG helps you with your aim and reflexes, however, if you're one of those people with >130ms+ latency (like me for instance), you've got a slim chance of doing as well as you'd do with NW. Predicting is MUCH harder to do this way since you only rely on one weapon and one shot. It could be all over for you as soon as you spawn.

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
would IG players play any other game modes of 2k4 if there werent that many IG servers? Do hard core IG'ers play any other gametypes? Im saying this because anti-IG'ers wouldnt play any incantation of UT if the majority of servers out there were IG.
follow that? Would we lose a lot of people if there wasnt a huge server population of IG games going? or would those people just migrate to a different gametype? if the roles were reversed and there werent a lot of regular game servers, i dont think we would all switch to IG?

man i have confused myself.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
i don't understand all the hate for IG.NW and IG both rock,whats the problem?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
what does aim have to do with anything? That is a very tired old excuse because aim means absolutely nothing if IOG is all you're ever going to play. If you play IG to help your aim for NW, then it is a valid reason. If you recite that while ONLY playing IG you're bullsh*tting.

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Houdini-GG said:
would IG players play any other game modes of 2k4 if there werent that many IG servers? Do hard core IG'ers play any other gametypes? Im saying this because anti-IG'ers wouldnt play any incantation of UT if the majority of servers out there were IG.
follow that? Would we lose a lot of people if there wasnt a huge server population of IG games going? or would those people just migrate to a different gametype? if the roles were reversed and there werent a lot of regular game servers, i dont think we would all switch to IG?

man i have confused myself.

Ermm I play insta gib, and pretty much exlusively. I tried out the demo, but don't care for it.

That being said there are allot of IG people playing the demo that will go straight back to IG.

Keep in mind that most CTF/BR clans privately run thier servers and chose instagib because they like it.

CorruptMind

Feb 14, 2004
im beginning to get pissed about all this **** with everyone calling IG players Knuckle Draggers... I dont recall ever hearing one IG player calling RegWeapon players names just because they play reg... infact us IG players pretty much keep to ourselvies when it comes to what we play... we dont really give a **** that you prefer NW... go ahead and play more power to ya. Yet all these NW players have a stick up their asses about IG players playing IG.

You know what **** you. I like playing my IG. And just because its 1hit kill doesn't mean ****. You still have to have a bit of skill to get anywhere. If it were true that you dont have to have any skill you would see servers with players that have never touched a shooter before and getting 5000+ every ****ing match.

Sure we dont have to worry about our ammo or health. But that just gives us more time to concentrate on whats more important... the damn game.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Instagib takes out all the fun imo. The coolest part of the game are the variety of weapons and how to counter them. I never liked insta and never will like it. (Even tho I've played several instawars.) I must admit that I've had some cool moments in insta, but they just fade away compared to the cool moments I've had with Nw.
It's bull**** to bash ppl because they like insta or nw. Each to his own.

It's allso bull**** to use the insta mutator when playing Ons.