insert cd please WTF//.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAcO

Nov 24, 1999
Staten island, Ny, Usa
Visit site
Yea that was the link =) sorry about that, i was kinda out of it when i posted that =) FAE

bullet2.gif

See ya, <3's FAE/JaK

TheWiggin

Nov 26, 1999
USA
Visit site
hey freakout, thanks for that website, that gave me a chance to figure something out, ever since I bought the full version I've had trouble running the game because it would go off into Never Never Land about 9 out of 10 times and that one time it was because I had reinstalled my OS and drivers and the game

S

Stallion

The next person who posts the patch URL will have the post deleted and may be banned. The patch allows warez copies to be used with ease, and PlanetUnreal will not serve as a medium for distribution of illegal binaries.

bullet2.gif

Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral/PlanetUnreal

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Stallion, I would never ever want anyone not to pay for a game or play it illegaly. The fix fixes 3 different things..one naturally the cd problem. two it fixes peoples problems while playing with an orb contoller. Three it fixes the d3d glitch with the installer. Any warez site (or people involved with warez) dont need this fix. (I am sure they can make one their selves if not they already have one by now) They can make a backup cd without it. You just gotta have the right cd players to copy the disc. I am truely sorry If this topic offends you but I have a true reason for worrying about my disc being destroyed and I for one do not like paying for a game three times (I did for unreal). Feel free to eliminate this topic...again I am sorry this (my) topic was never meant for anyone that would warez copies of games!!!

SWITCH

Nov 25, 1999
BUFFALO
Visit site
Yeah what's the big deal Stallion? No one here has talked about making illegal copies for sale or any other use. We have the right to install the patch so we don't have to put the dam cd in every time. I would understand if we were all talking about making copies so we can sell them but that's not the case! We just want to be able to plan the game without all the hassles!

Take it easy big guy!

bootybandit

flak spammer extraordinaire
Nov 28, 1999
L.A. (lower alabama)
Visit site
By the way, the post above is a legit request. I have paid retail for every game I own and believe that artists should be compensated for their creativity. I run off-site servers and do not wish to purchase multiple copies of the game just to be able to play on my own server. Copyright protection and encryption schemes only drive people to try harder to crack them and is an inconvience to casual users. Why bother?

Sniper Storm

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
I took out the CD check on my game becausd I was sick of it checking the cd and I wanted to make a copy for myself. It was not that hard. E-mail me! SniperStorm@aol.com

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
As far a legallity is concerned it is our right to make a backup copy of UT. Now if someone decides to copy it and give it away or even sell it that makes it illegal but by law we are allowed to make a backup copy of a program we bought and paid for.

S

Stallion

Its not a matter of what you're doing with it, but the CD crack is what makes it possible for UT to be warezed. Without it, you can't warez it; with it, you can. As I said, PlanetUnreal will not serve as a platform for distributing any material which is illegal. If Epic doesn't give it to you, there's probably a reason.

bullet2.gif

Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral/PlanetUnreal

DRT-LadyK*W

Nov 29, 1999
www.drtdomain.com
If some one finds a way around the insert cd thing please email me and let me know. I have a 4 yr old and a 6 year old and they love to destory things on me. I really would like to keep my cd locked up away from there hands.

bootybandit

flak spammer extraordinaire
Nov 28, 1999
L.A. (lower alabama)
Visit site
If I'm allowed to legally make a functional back-up, and the distributor's media does not allow this, is it a violation of my rights as a consumer? Seems to me that this behavior could result in a class-action. GT should implement registration and allow registered users a key to permit the creation of a functional back-up. Or GT should provide two identical disks. Warez downloads are risky business and is not practiced by the majority. I suspect that most serious gamers respect game creators and are more than willing to support them. These protection schemes do less to prevent warez and do more to create animosity among loyal customers.........IMHO

End of rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.