Inf 2.75 can't work with SF!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Omega

Dec 19, 1999
Hi,

when playing regular UT, and switching to Inf2.75, my UT crashes with a whole bunch of errors and I narrowed the mod/mutator down to SF!!!!

After removing all SF files from the System\ subfolder to a temporary folder, that solves the problem (what a pain I had to go through to figure that one!).

I don't know if you're aware of this, and does anyone else experience this problem?

cheers,
AJY.

Don't frag me, love me.

ki

May 10, 2000
Same here.

Infiltration won't run. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ki

May 10, 2000
@GMkane, my first post was in ignorance so I deleted it and reposted. Checking back, Infiltration does NOT live well together with SF. Sorry if I confused any of you guys!

*hangs head in shame*

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
there maybe a reason for...

Now, if you open up UT without changing it form the starter.exe it may try and run other mods through SF instead of UT. Start up UT though the stater.exe, if it still doesnt work i'll talk to OPTI about it.

dancer.gif

THRASHER_2.jpg

Oitucrem

Mar 10, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Oh yeah, and be SURE to read the manual BEFORE installing and, above all, uninstalling SF. If you do it the wrong way it messes up your UT. Otherwise it works fine - the Inf specific problem, I don't know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ki

May 10, 2000
This is weird!

Now Infiltration and SF is coexisting happily on my machine!

I reinstalled UT and everything and NOW SF and Infiltration can run without any problem!

I'm more mystified than ever.

For the record, I have Decal Stay, MoreGore, SWAT, Headhunters, Assassins, CTFPlus Ver 2.0, Bloodtrails, Rocket Arena, Unreal 4 Ever, Inoxx Pack, UT Bonus Pack and Rumiko Model installed in my UT besides SF and Infiltration.

My UT version is 420.

Omega

Dec 19, 1999
uh-uh...

I have:

all those you mentioned, plus:

Marked for Death
Slavemaster
MatrixMoves
LazyMatrix2
and a whole heap of models

I reinstalled UT (what a PAIN!) and still encountered problems). When first running SF, I always selected SF when running starter.exe - then used starter.exe when switching back to UT.

When I want to run the last configured (eg. if I played SF last, and I wanted to play SF), I would not use the starter.exe

I finally 'solved' the problem by having SF on a different drive, since I have plenty of harddisk space.

cheers,
AJ

Don't frag me, love me.

GMkane

Jun 23, 2000
www.blowback.de
@ omega
actually my problem is, that, after the SF-installation, UT crashes with an error message about the game.engine. what shall i do? do i have to use the starter.exe, if i want to play UT or infiltraion?

another question: what happens to the grenades when i use them but get shot while i try to throw them away? will they fall to the ground and detonate in inf 2.8? would be nice in MP...

[GM]kane
BLOWBACK.DE
please vote for HALO

=JoLTeD=

Jun 13, 2000
www.alienarmada.com
I dont play SF anymore

I dont play that mod anymore, it blows. Sure, 1.26 is better than 1.0, but it aint that great, especially online, and it has lots of bugs, and sorry to say but the CT thing is getting old.

Thanx Inf team for going the military route. Now I will have something to play while waiting for TF2 other than Firearms HL (which sux).

Don't ever, ever rush a mod no matter how much fans want it or for another reason. Firearms was rushed and you ended up getting sh*tty maps, sh*tty skins a models, and they just HAD to include over 20 weapons which had the worst models ever, cheap animations, and were very unbalanced! But, I've played Inf 2.75, and loved it, and 2.75 is only a "sneak-preview" of whats to come. Am I right?

Actually I think Firearms HL is made by a bunch of 13 year olds.

SWad

Papa SWad
Feb 7, 2000
Arkansas
www.pixelpopdesign.com
Starter program

Your issues with INF/SF clashes lie in the Starter application. I have a Mac, but I'm pretty sure that the PC will work the same way. The Starter.app/exe program adjusts your unrealtournament.ini file before it starts up, so that SF will run. You have to run the starter.app/exe program and choose regular UT so that your configuration files will change back. That's how I fixed mine.

SWad

><jaCKal><

Jun 2, 2000
www.geocities.com
STRIKE FORCE IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem as all of u guys except i had to fing 20 million patches as not all of them work, i am not going to dl sf again
it is a piece of DOG SH!T
><jaCKal>< /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oitucrem

Mar 10, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Just RTFM and you won't have any problems. Duh! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------