Improving tank capabilities!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Take it you're not English then Growler? Or you'd know the phrase 'piece of pi$$', it means 'very easy to do' ;) As in, I could have a tank with a smoke grenade launcher made in about 10 minutes flat :) And I like the idea, apart from the fact that bots wouldn't work, since they can see through things like smoke and so on that would impede a human's vision.

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
Radiosity said:
Take it you're not English then Growler? Or you'd know the phrase 'piece of pi$$', it means 'very easy to do' ;) As in, I could have a tank with a smoke grenade launcher made in about 10 minutes flat :) And I like the idea, apart from the fact that bots wouldn't work, since they can see through things like smoke and so on that would impede a human's vision.

yeah, I'm English (I'm guessing it's an American phrase, and I'm from the UK, so I might not know it), I just wasn't familiar with THAT particular phrase. But anyway, I was thinking along the lines of it coming from the actual tank, and not from it's weapon - like the Ion tank for example - and it can be for online use only (perhaps)

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Growler said:
yeah, I'm English (I'm guessing it's an American phrase, and I'm from the UK, so I might not know it), I just wasn't familiar with THAT particular phrase. But anyway, I was thinking along the lines of it coming from the actual tank, and not from it's weapon - like the Ion tank for example - and it can be for online use only (perhaps)

I'mf airly certain it's more of a UK slang actually. I knwo it all to well. Imagine a cockney saying it and your about there. ;)

Smoke for online only? Bit wierd, it'd cause lag and if you only have the smoke where the tank is anyway then it's just telling people where to shoot. I'd rather have some sort of Jamming system, don't know the specifics of how it shoul work but basically an anti-avril weapon, i have a nickname for UT's vehicles "Contraptions of Mandatory suicide"

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
shadow_dragon said:
I'mf airly certain it's more of a UK slang actually. I knwo it all to well. Imagine a cockney saying it and your about there. ;)

Smoke for online only? Bit wierd, it'd cause lag and if you only have the smoke where the tank is anyway then it's just telling people where to shoot. I'd rather have some sort of Jamming system, don't know the specifics of how it shoul work but basically an anti-avril weapon, i have a nickname for UT's vehicles "Contraptions of Mandatory suicide"

well, I was merely thinking that it would look good in-game, and if it stays there for a while until the tank escapes, you'll be there thinking "now where did that tank go?- yikes! he's over th-*BOOM!*" :D

sorry, just HAD to be dramatic there! :D :D :p You see what fun it would make it!

It would also be able to add the idea of heat-vision goggles! while the enemy can't see anything in the mist, you use a pair of heat-vision goggles to see where they are, and go sniper away! :D :D

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
playing to much red alert? nah.. i know that tesla coils/towers exist (though they are used for drawing 'free' power from the atmosphere)

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
captainrad said:
playing to much red alert? nah.. i know that tesla coils/towers exist (though they are used for drawing 'free' power from the atmosphere)

cool, you learn something new every day! (unless you mean lightning rods? then never mind)

anyway, so what do you think of my idea then?

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
ok more off topic.. i dont know that much about tesla towers.

apprently they/it is never used anymore. the military once built one and it sent surge of power knocking out the north east power grid corrider... although im not sure thats true, could be but this was supposably last year or something so i kind of doubt it.

but yeah its pretty cool stuff.