I'm finally building an over-the-top gaming rig!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Sweet stuff! But fix the rest of the cabling, makes no sense to have half of it sleeved and the rest looking like spaghetti.

Actually no. Don't use that. The particles in the Aurora will clogg the cpu/gpu blocks. Use a normal clear/pastel fluid.

I agree about the stuff. The main reason for g etting it running before finishing is to find out if everything actually runs before the RMA period is up. The CPU has 90 days I believe (I could be wrong) and I kind of want to return it to NewEgg for a replacement and say it's giving me watchdog bluescreens when minorly overclocked (which is the truth), and see if they'll let me RMA it. If not, then well I'm stuck with an OKAY processor, but not exactly what I want. Kind of disappointed I didn't go with an E5-16xx CPU, like the 10-core CPU- they're supposed to be binned higher than the i7 counter parts and they have better features such as ECC support...

Maybe next year.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Looks nice but most games nowadays you have to beg for the devs to put in proper SLI support and hope to high hell the thing scales well. Hope that 2nd 980 doesn't turn into window dressing.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Thanks DarkEd!

Looks nice but most games nowadays you have to beg for the devs to put in proper SLI support and hope to high hell the thing scales well. Hope that 2nd 980 doesn't turn into window dressing.

This is the exact reason why I decided to only go dual-SLI instead of tri/quad. The scaling past two cards isn't great, (can be downright terrible depending on developer-support), and you don't always have SLI support to boot. I wonder if I can use the Step-up program and get the Radeon 3xx series gpus when they come out as a replacement for the GTX980's. They've lovely but I'm still annoyed with the fact that EK hasn't made a waterblock for them yet.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
sweet.
guy I know recently finished putting this together:

az_trooper_080.jpg

az_trooper_081.jpg

and since you're probably wondering, this is the coolant he's using to get that effect.
http://mayhems.co.uk/store/blue-berry-1ltr.html

and these are the specs.

PROCESSOR Intel® Core i7-5820K
MOTHERBOARD Asus X99-S
GRAPHICS EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
MEMORY CORSAIR Dominator® Platinum Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 2666MHz
POWER SUPPLY CORSAIR HX850i
STORAGE #1 SAMSUNG SSD EVO 840 120GB
STORAGE #2 SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200RPM 1TB

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
If I could fuse the sleek crystalline look you got with that acrylic blocks and pipes...
Finished it finally. Not sure if you guys are following anymore but, it took forever but it's done!

with a bio-luminescent looking green version of that goop.

sweet.
guy I know recently finished putting this together:

az_trooper_080.jpg

az_trooper_081.jpg

and since you're probably wondering, this is the coolant he's using to get that effect.
http://mayhems.co.uk/store/blue-berry-1ltr.html

and these are the specs.
And the steam punkish aspect of these copper pipes.
6Aaqg9V.jpg

full gallery here ---> https://imgur.com/gallery/Zm6w1

I'd be quite content with my PC's look for quite a while.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Those look badass! I really need to get my good camera lens back and try to get some nice photos of this new case and all that stuff. I need to pick it up today.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
You can buy AiO (All in One) kits, but I don't like those solutions.

Custom waterloops are where you get the best cooling performance at. You can select the size of radiators you want, the waterblocks you want, etc.

I'd say watercooling has gotten a lot easier, however it still takes a bit of planning, but there are now so many companies making computer-watercooling equipment, you don't have to like pull radiators from fridges or anything ridiculous like you'd have to do in the past. The market has grown and the options available for how you can configure a loop is limitless.