I'm Finally back!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
Nothing much is up with me Lorna :) I thought you dissapeared and were never to come back, swallowed by that evil monster we call gooseman and driven back to his ways. I'll just ask you to drop me an email or whatever, I sent you a messege over the boards, got someone to make you somefin speshul.

Anyways glad to hear you are doing well.

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
There was a time when I admired gooseman for his work. Now I think of him nothing more than another bum sitting on the side of the street asking for some loose change so he can get a coffee. The odd occasion you see an honest one holding a sign that says "Spare change for weed" (Yes this happens to me regularly although its mostely teenagers getting high opposed to adults getting fuct on lysol.)

Ever since Beta 7.1 I noticed that the community was beyond repair and CS was a failing breed. Everyone became bunny hoppers, the AWP became the most used weapon, knives and pistols became rule in some parts. It was then when my respect began to deteriorate. Aside from that when they left beta stages and went to their first full public release CS 1.0 my respect, admiration, and humanity left with that day.

Valve had requested that the models be changed (they were fine before) thus since money greedy gooseman was the one in charge. The models were changed, the recoil system (if you can even call it that) was fuct up the a<b></b>ss, and the community thrived with arrogant fu<b></b>ckwits who play CS, sleep, skip school, play CS and do the same the next day because thats what they do.

So tell my why I should admire or respect this person? Tell me where he deserves the respect of a gamer who only wishes to have a good time rather than be flogged with 12 year olds jumping around with an Arctic Warefare Magnum .50 Sniper rifle as if it were an Mp5 with semi auto selected.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
I lost respect for CS... when they said there was going to be a crossbow. A ****ING CROSSBOW!!!!! HELL MIGHT AS WELL THROW IN A ****ING CANNON!!!!!!!! WHY NOT A ****ING MAGIC WAND TO CAST SPELLS WITH!!!!! WHOOOO THIS IS THE REALISM MOD THAT EVERYONE IS SUPPOSEDLY "COPYING"!! WELL I KNOW Inf and SF aren't cause they are actually realistic! Actually I'm still pretty pissed that there is gonna be a FLAMETHROWER in SF!

WTF are you talking about? there is no crossbow, and never will be a crossbow in CS :rolleyes:

Gooseman is smart. He used his skills as a modeler and programer to make the best god-damned mod. which then becasme the most popular. Now I can't say that I like it in its current version, but hey.

did you know ALL of his models and skins where based ONLY on what he had seen in movies or saw in magazines? thats some good stuff for what he based it off of.

Gooseman I agree catered to the popular demand for many weapons blanceing, and player models. but hell now he's got a nice job lead designer for Counter-Strike 2 a seperate game based off the TF2 (which is still alive)

AND his single player mod has spawned a single player game produced by Valve.

there are 2 great developers in the world

Iikka "Fingers" Keranen & Minh "Gooseman" Le

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Gooseman ORIGIONALLY based his models / skins on guns he had seen in movies

I complained nothing to the mod

I mearly said that I had no more respect for him. Read the fuc<b></b>king post before you nag.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
Originally posted by phatcat
WTF are you talking about? there is no crossbow, and never will be a crossbow in CS :rolleyes:

That was a joke. But that is actually going to be in Condition Zero (CS2) Plus I used to play CS, but I stopped, because of me realization that it wasn't really that good. Popularity is based on word of mouth, not necessarily quality. And it seems to me when a community becomes to big unrest occurs.. That's exactly how CS is.

I was stating tha tI had respect for his works. but if you want I'll go part by part of your post

There was a time when I admired gooseman for his work. Now I think of him nothing more than another bum sitting on the side of the street asking for some loose change so he can get a coffee. The odd occasion you see an honest one holding a sign that says "Spare change for weed" (Yes this happens to me regularly although its mostely teenagers getting high opposed to adults getting fuct on lysol.)
Right.. spare change. Gooseman Made CS only becasue it was fun. like mod authors SHOULD. Gooseman had no real lust to be a game designer. he was working on his Computer Sci. degree. but I'm sure you know more than me about this :rolleyes:

Ever since Beta 7.1 I noticed that the community was beyond repair and CS was a failing breed. Everyone became bunny hoppers, the AWP became the most used weapon, knives and pistols became rule in some parts. It was then when my respect began to deteriorate. Aside from that when they left beta stages and went to their first full public release CS 1.0 my respect, admiration, and humanity left with that day.

I will agree that beta 7 was not what I wanted. It became more or a competion game, and even less of a tectical game. Gooseman was for his fans and his fans wanted fast action and less low and slow tactics. I'm sorry that this hurt you so :eek:

Valve had requested that the models be changed (they were fine before) thus since money greedy gooseman was the one in charge. The models were changed, the recoil system (if you can even call it that) was fuct up the ass, and the community thrived with arrogant ****wits who play CS, sleep, skip school, play CS and do the same the next day because thats what they do.

VALVe said they wanted to TRY the new animation system, but they would have to make the models. Gooseman was not entirly satisfied with his playermodels (which I thought where good) and agreed. he himself is not satisfied with 1.0's models ONLY becasue of the lack of flintch animations. he ALSO sold the rights to Counter-Strike to VALVe software when he becasme a employee of VALVe software as apart of the deal. But I'm sure you knew all of this PACMAN. Now the "fuckwits" as you call are not his fault but are common in the Half-Life community and in CS becasue its the easiset to install and play FPS. much easier than Quake3 and UT. easier it is to get into, the more imautre rat-bastards you get. but thats my opnion

So tell my why I should admire or respect this person? Tell me where he deserves the respect of a gamer who only wishes to have a good time rather than be flogged with 12 year olds jumping around with an Arctic Warefare Magnum .50 Sniper rifle as if it were an Mp5 with semi auto selected

so you don't respect the creator of the mod becasue of the additudes and play styles of the players. thats like charging a gun designer for murder becasue some one robbed and shot you with it. :rolleyes:

well now that I READ what do you have to say Pacman :eek:

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
read it ... boring

Right.. spare change. Gooseman Made CS only becasue it was fun. like mod authors SHOULD. Gooseman had no real lust to be a game designer. he was working on his Computer Sci. degree. but I'm sure you know more than me about this

Why isn't he still having fun? mehn... moving on...

I don't care what the hell gooseman had planned for his life, I don't care what anyone wishes to do with their life at least unless I know them on a semi-personal basis. For a minute way back there I thought that you gave up your "I hate pacman because he argues" attitude but I guess you didn't.

Sure valve said they would like to TRY a new set of models, but you, gooseman, the whole CS team and I know that if he said "No, we are keeping the old models" then there would have been no signing of their contract.

Movng right along now.

I will agree that beta 7 was not what I wanted. It became more or a competion game, and even less of a tectical game. Gooseman was for his fans and his fans wanted fast action and less low and slow tactics. I'm sorry that this hurt you so

Unfourtunately I can't hold respect for a REALISM MODIFICATION FOR HALF-LIFE after you just told me that new portion of information that it is indeed not even INDENDED to be realistic. so. :eek:

so you don't respect the creator of the mod becasue of the additudes and play styles of the players. thats like charging a gun designer for murder becasue some one robbed and shot you with it.

How can you possibly throw that at me after I included so much evidence that I played in the early beta days and still played during 1.0. I obviously love the game. Via LAN that is. I wouldn't even consider playing online these days. Sure he worked hard for it, as I said I ****ING ADMIRE HIM FOR THAT READ MY GOD DAMN POSTS YOU IGNORANT ****! But hard work ends when he turns his back on his "fans" to change the game to please the people who sign the paycheck.

Awful trivial for someone who just wants to make computer games and since "Gooseman was for his fans". I used to be a fan, I didn't want "Fast paced action" I wanted a game, something that is fun, not something that makes me so angry and annoyed at the manner that children conduct themselves in a game, cheating, all around deviant conduct that we will just drop at this very moment.

But I've always been a fan, seems everyone I speak to has the same view towards the game..... so much for doing it "for the fans". BOOM big crash of lightning. At least I got to say what I said. Don't worry I'll reply to your next useless argument when the lightning stops...

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
Wait a second I read that wrong you said he didn't want to be a game designer, no wonder he makes awful decisions in modifying the game :-/ man did he pick the wrong career

well I see there that my words are lost on you.

I'm sorry that his cateering for his largest fan base pisses you off so.

Sure I'm pissed too. but your "he's do'n it for the money" bullshit is uncalled for. I have known Gooseman back from the Action Quake 2 Days. he just wants to make a mod He has fun playing, and others have fun playing.

Wait a second I read that wrong you said he didn't want to be a game designer, no wonder he makes awful decisions in modifying the game :-/ man did he pick the wrong career

and thats your opinion :rolleyes:

I have always enjoyed CS. I have never played it on the internet, but it doesn't sound good it seems :(

It is a damned excellent game on LAN however. I have played since Beta 4.0 and beyond, and I have always liked the updates for the game. It always remained fun. Even when I first played it I realized it had no bearing on reality whatsoever, but the most important thing was that it was fun. It was always seemingly fast and furious. Much like Quake III, where gameplay is fast but weapons are deadly.

BTW, just an honoest question, what is wrong with the player models? They don't look half bad. And the animations in the game are extremely good.

Their forums are weird though. And the community is sickening. But that is not the mods fault.

DAMNIT Donnellizer!!!
*sigh* :rolleyes:

Counter-Strike is now Proprety of VALVe software (a goddamn good game development company!!) they own the name and they are responcible for the Current CS patches with LIMITED help with gooseman

Counter-Strike Single Player is being developed by VALVe with ALMOST NO COORDINATION with gooseman. Counter-Strike Single Player is NOT COUNTER-STRIKE 2

Counter-Strike 2 is behind closed doors and is lead by Gooseman

jesus christ people...

and the new player models are not half bad I agree. the animations are NOT what I liked and I missed the lanky style ones that Gooseman made. they look like "gooseman" playermodels. which have looked like that since Navy Seals Quake for Quake 1. which is was Counter-Strike was going to be.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
Originally posted by phatcat
DAMNIT Donnellizer!!!
*sigh* :rolleyes:

Counter-Strike 2 is behind closed doors and is lead by Gooseman

So, just because a project is led by someone means JACK ****! His superiors can still tell him EXACTLY what to put in even if he is the "lead designer" the "lead of the friggin valve" can tell him to add whatever he wants.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
gg/Lorna: i that your pic??? U must be some 1,70 m/ almost 6 ft tall...

-> Welcome back. Hope u got some sun while on vacation.

ot:
Senior year??? WTF??? I´m in University. Where am I in USA´s identification???

FYI: in germany those fellas have a very different way of gettin´Classes...

BTW: GG got more respect that anyone here with her "10" posts than many with 3000 ´cause she is a Declared girl... Well, over the net, I belive only what I really see... My opinions...

AND i´m not using my "macho" crap, like those babies up ahead...

GIGN use a 357 revolver w/ scope to snipe...

Last edited: