I'll lock this in a nano second if it get out of hand.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
Lizard Of Oz said:
Because Dopey closed his Gay Rights thread while I was typing a few opinions of my own....

Abortion: Against.

If the pregnancy was due rape, tough luck, that’s life, bad poop happens, deal with it.

Child Tax credits: Against

If you can’t feed ‘em don’t breed ‘em!

Not to flame or troll the thread, but those two statements completely contradict each other.

Last edited:

Mychaeel

Morgana said:
Yes, but unfortunately the people that end up as "Objective participants" sit safely in well guarded offices and homes because they can afford it, or they are being protected.

If I understand your previous posting correctly, death penalty has little to do with the situation in your country; if I'm not mistaken South Africa practices the death penalty anyway, obviously to little avail.

So changing that situation to the better is not a matter of death penalty or not. If the officials in their well-guarded offices are unable to grasp the direness of the situation outside their reinforced walls, that merely tells that they're somewhat detached from the reality of the country they're governing. The morality issue of death penalty or the question of objectivity doesn't come in.

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
_Zd_3s_ said:
Why is it that one should have experience with being a victim to form an opinion on the subject? I bet you don't have any experience with abortion or gay marriages, but you still think it's okay to have an opinion on those subjects. Lots of debates are about subjects people don't have personal experience with, but you can still base an opinion on facts and your moral values.

I sure as hell wouldn't call myself a bunch of idiots. :B You know. :p
I understand your point, but if you read carefully you'll notice that I reffer to ppl that think their opinion is superior!
Also read down.
||
\/
Mychaeel said:
As I said earlier in a different context, a victim (or anybody as closely involved in the matter) hardly qualifies as an objective participant in a discussion about the morality of death penalty for the very reasons you're mentioning.
No! I totaly disagree! It's you that arent involved that arent objective! YOU don't feel the pain. YOU don't give a rats ass about the victimes because they aren't related to you. So YOU start talking humanitarian BS and rest of philosofy. Blah Blah and while ppl suffer you release a book on how murderes should be treated. But, YOU DON'T FELL THE PAIN! YOU ARE AN OUTSIDER! It's like watching an action movies for you. YOU'll go home, sleep, and wake up in the morning like nothing happened....

In other words YOU don't have a clue!
Murderers aren't human. They are beasts.

Last edited:

Niamh

May 27, 2001
South Africa
Visit site
Mychaeel said:
If I understand your previous posting correctly, death penalty has little to do with the situation in your country; if I'm not mistaken South Africa practices the death penalty anyway, obviously to little avail.

So changing that situation to the better is not a matter of death penalty or not. If the officials in their well-guarded offices are unable to grasp the direness of the situation outside their reinforced walls, that merely tells that they're somewhat detached from the reality of the country they're governing. The morality issue of death penalty or the question of objectivity doesn't come in.

No, we don't practise the death penalty, therefore our jails are overflooding and criminals are let off after a couple of years. Those criminals *inside* the prisons continue their killings by murdering their inmates, those that are there for crimes less punishable than murder, like theft, and even those poor husbands that tried to protect their wifes from being raped. The criminals here think nothing of going to jail because they are fed and they sleep in a warm bed. Because of the masses of them in there, escapings and strong-arming the guards are a breeze. Once they are out on the streets they continue their bloodbaths.
Yes, the govenrment is turning a blind eye to this, and so is the UN. What other solution would there be for us to demand the death penalty or take the law into own hands? If it's not "humane" to kill a person for murdering innocent human lifes, how "humane" is it to let them run free to take more people's lifes? I understand that in countries where the correctional services are in good conditions and well-funded, the death penalty might be strongly debated, but, in this case, the only way to stop more killings from happening is to remove those ****s from society all together. They have *no* right to live, none what so ever. How can anyone shooting a 1 year old girl execution style with 2 shots, have any right to live?

_Zd_3s_

Regristered User
Doc_EDo said:
I understand your point, but if you read carefully you'll notice that I reffer to ppl that think their opinion is superior!
Also read down.
Damn right I think my opinion is superior. :con: If I wouldn't think that, I'd have a different opinion, right? Who the hell is going to keep an opinion that he believes to be inferior to another?

It's up to you to make me see that your opinion is superior, by giving me facts and arguments. And at the moment you're not doing a great job at that. Typing in ALL CAPS isn't gonna change the fact that I still believe my opinion to be superior. Yes thank you. :)

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
_Zd_3s_ said:
Damn right I think my opinion is superior. :con: If I wouldn't think that, I'd have a different opinion, right? Who the hell is going to keep an opinion that he believes to be inferior to another?

It's up to you to make me see that your opinion is superior, by giving me facts and arguments. And at the moment you're not doing a great job at that. Typing in ALL CAPS isn't gonna change the fact that I still believe my opinion to be superior. Yes thank you. :)
Hmmm...superior in a way where you think I'm insane lunitic or something for not agreening with you. I actually met ppl like that once. They were to totaly confused by me disagreening with them and just couldn't get over it, so they kept bothering me the whole day: "How can you belive such a thing?" etc...

7 days after that a murderer convicted to life in prison escaped from prison he robbed a bank with 2 other pals, then got stopped by cops. They shot at cops, then surrouded them and captured them. After they took their pistols they used those to execute both of the cops by bullets to back of their heads.

Not a nice story eh? Same criminals are now in jail, and may still break out and kill more ppl. "Humane" isnt it?
NO! It's braindead and plain stupid! :mad:

Mychaeel

Doc_EDo said:
No! I totaly disagree! It's you that arent involved that arent objective! YOU don't feel the pain. YOU don't give a rats ass about the victimes because they aren't related to you. So YOU start talking humanitarian BS and rest of philosofy. Blah Blah and while ppl suffer you release a book on how murderes should be treated. But, YOU DON'T FELL THE PAIN! YOU ARE AN OUTSIDER! It's like watching an action movies for you. YOU'll go home, sleep, and wake up in the morning like nothing happened....

I really tried, but I didn't find a single argument in that posting. Just a bunch of insults and wild suppositions about my ability to intellectually distinguish between an "action movie" and real life. Hard to reply anything constructive to that, so I won't even try.

Hmmm...superior in a way where you think I'm insane lunitic or something for not agreening with you. I actually met ppl like that once. They were to totaly confused by me disagreening with them and just couldn't get over it, so they kept bothering me the whole day: "How can you belive such a thing?" etc...

That's probably because they didn't get an answer to that question from you. Judging from your postings in this thread you don't seem to feel any need to reason your opinion.

For what it's worth, I acknowledge that you have that opinion and I see how strongly you feel about it; but by reiterating it over and over again you won't manage to convince me of it. You'd need actual arguments for that that base on something I'd agree to.

Given that I'm already seeing this thread go the same way many others of its kind have gone before, I'm out. Thanks to those who actually tried to discuss in a civilized manner (including, but not limited to, Lizard of Oz and Morgana).

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Abortion: For, but...

...if you can't realize you are pregnant after 6 months you shouldn't be allowed to abort the pregnancy. It's close enough as it is...

Death penalty: For, but...

...there has to be a more economic way to do it, like firing squad.

Prayer in School: Against.

Just because your child is a good little theist doesn't mean mine is/will be. :p

Schools are federally funded and we have seperation of church and state. Same applies for the Pledge of Allegiance; it was fine when it didn't have "under God".

Sex Ed.: Ehhh...against.

Sex is already a joke with kids these days. No need to publicize it.

Homosexual Marriage: For.

They're who they want to be and it's not impeding with my life so let them do as they please.

LoO gives a good response.

Gun Control: For, but...

...it's a lot like drug control; people will do what they have to in order to get them.

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Mychaeel said:
Judging from your postings in this thread you don't seem to feel any need to reason your opinion.
No reasoning???
How about punishing criminals and preventing them from killing again?
That's what I said up there? Is that not a reasoning for you? :shake:

Last edited:

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
*5150* said:
So Liz-Your wife gets brutally gang raped by 3 guys, she is permanently disfigured, probably paralyzed for life(not known for sure because she is in a coma and the bullet is still lodged in her spine), and she will most likely die if the baby(that one of those men bestowed upon her)is allowed to go full term.....How you feel now???

EDIT: See acouple posts down before you reply.

I dont even agree with him but jesus that is the most retarded hypothetical situation I have ever heard in my entire life.

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
Aren't hypothetical situations retarded by themselves? I mean, the further the hypothesis is from reality, and thus the more of a hypothesis it is, the more retarded it becomes, right?

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Abortion: For
As long as said abortion takes place during the first trimester.

Death Penalty: Eh
Don't really care either way about this. If it was up to me, I'd do it Neverwinter Nights style. Have 2 floors of "The Pits"... every criminal for himself :)

Prayer in School: Against
After 9/11 my school had a moment of silence.

Sex Ed: Don't care
There will be those kids who will take it to heart, and then there will be those kinds who will laugh every time they see a picture of a wang.

Homosexual Marriage: For
If they feel they should get married, more power to them!

Child Tax Credits: Don't know
Really haven't read enough about this. Someone want to explain it to me?

Gun control: Against
Sorry, The Police aren't fast enough, especially when dealing with break ins.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Doc_EDo said:

ob·jec·tive
Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices: an objective critic. See Synonyms at fair.
Who is not objective?

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Abortion: Depends.
If someone is raped, hell yes they should be allowed to abort... they didn't want the kid, and can you imagine what life for the kid would be like? "You were an accident son, you're only here become some bastard raped me." The kid would probably want to kill himself if he had to live with that anyway. But if the girl sleeps around recklessly, well, tough luck - she pay for her mistake and keep the kid.

Death penalty: Depends.
Depends on whether or not the criminal can actually be taught something. If the guy is a stone cold killer who will NEVER have remorse, why spend taxes to keep him alive? End his miserable existance already. But on the other hand, if the guy shows some signs of remorse, lock the jerk up for life, let him think about it... let him be reminded of what he did for every last day of his life until he rots away in his cell.

Prayer in School: Against.
Same with everybody else

Sex Ed. Don't really care.
Most people already know from common sense and the internet anyway... and what they teach us now is all just a joke - we already know what they're going to tell us about, except the anaotomy. Maybe if they went over the anatomy more, it would seem more useful.

Homosexual Marriage: Who cares.
Ditto.

Ditto.

Gun Control: Against
If you aren't allowed to own a gun, what makes you think that criminals won't have guns anyway? They're criminals afterall, they don't follow the laws from the start... only the law-abiding people will have no guns, and those are the people who wouldn't kill anyway. Instead, they'll be the ones getting shot in their homes when someone breaks in because they obeyed the law and didnt get something to defend themselves with.

Maybe some laws on keeping guns locked away from CHILDREN would be a good idea to prevent accidental deaths, but keeping guns away from people for self defense isn't a good idea, despite the fact that the police (who often are no help at all in a situation where someone breaks in and is armed) are supposed to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.