If You Had A Time Machine

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Buy stock in AOL, MS, IBM, Intel and Google.

Make a fake documentary of dinosaurs and/or aliens with the most current special effects (Jurassic Park/LOTR) taking over the world and doing crazy stuff, then take it back to the 60's or 70's..even the early 80's and show it to people...freaking them out.

Bring some of our latest findings and reworkings of Einstines thoughts/theories and show them to him.

Bring a modern day microchip from IBM to a 1980 IBM. Or a Intel one.

Go back to the Pre-Historic days, look at dinos, take pics.

Back To The Future 2

Go to a company and tell them their top secret project....They would freak out.

Go back to high-school, and tell myself to grow up and stick up for myself. And to ask that cute chick out.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Gee, what would happen if that 1986 ban would've been prevented...

Worth taking the risk, I GUESS, assassinating hitler. It might prevent the dead of more than 50 million people.

Then again, it wasn't just hitler...there's more to it than just him. A lot more, but still....

Then again, who made me judge/jury/executioner

Then again...

It's a shame the attempt at assassinating hitler failed. A real shame. Even though it happened late during wwII, still.. it's a shame.
Well, it's all part of history now. History which should never repeat itself.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Like I said, I think it's worth trying.
If I could.

Easy to say, because it's mere fiction.. a timemachine.
But if it wasn't and you could be able to travel back .. to the very point... of hitler's birth...

Like to hear from other bufers what they would do.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I think humans in the 26th century would be quite able to fight the black plague =)

They'd probably look upon you as a primate and lock you up in a cage in the museum =)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
There is rumor that says that further we evolve, further we will lose "useless" things like finger tip nails and such. Hairs....

But that is not.. interessing.

At all.

TEH TRUTH IS THAT TERMINATORS WAR MACHINE WILL KILL YOUR CHILDRENS AND RULE TEH WORLD AND ALL OF US WILL BE SLAVES :mad:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Maybe Buf will dominate the world, and everyone will have serious discussions about poop.. IF ONLY :( If only!

But hey,there's always the timemachine!

Let's go marty!

BobCobb

Society is a leech on me!
Sep 20, 2002
The Compound
Visit site
I would go back and squeeze one out into the primordial ooze.

Then I would go back and kill Harry J. Anslinger with an icepick.

Then I would kill Stalin, letting Trotzky take power. :)

Kantham said:
There is rumor that says that further we evolve, further we will lose "useless" things like finger tip nails and such. Hairs....

hellnaw.gif
I love my hair :(

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
NeoNite said:
Worth taking the risk, I GUESS, assassinating hitler. It might prevent the dead of more than 50 million people.

Hitler was just the face of the nazi party, you had Julius Streicher and Rudolf Jung who were at least as responsible as Hitler for the party's ideology.
The Nazi party itself had been built on the foundations of the German Workers Party created by Anton Drexler, a Nationalist who pushed anti-semetic views and encouraged Hitler to join the party. Then you had Himmler who as leader of the SS who put the ideology into practice, as well as Rudolph Hess and Herman Goering.
You'd hav to kill a lot of people basically.

NeoNite said:
It's a shame the attempt at assassinating hitler failed. A real shame. Even though it happened late during wwII, still.. it's a shame.
Well, it's all part of history now. History which should never repeat itself.

Maybe not actually. One of the greatest factors in Germany not winning the Second World War was that, despite being a clever politician, was a terrible terrible general. Many of the turning points in WW2 can be attributed to his mistakes.
If Germany had attempted to invade Britain in 1940, it is almost certain they would have succeeded...however, he was fascinated with the Luftwaffe and decided it would be better to first pulverise Britain's Air Force and weaken the British morale by bombing London...they failed to succeed in either, and gave Britain a chance to rebuild.
It was also Hitler's idea to pursue the war on the Eastern Front in the summer of '41 through ...and pursuing the Russian Army across a desolate Russia a terrible winter without sufficient equipment and supplies. Another turning point of the war.

It's entirely likely that if the assassination attempt had succeeded, the nazi party would have been able to replace him with a genuinely capable military commander who could have made the war last much longer, or perhaps even turned it back in Germany's favour.

Last edited: