I played XMP with some stranger tonight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
The master servers (and the aybab2u webpage) shows only the "survivor" server. So I was fooling around on survivor tonight, and some guy came in called... [NB]WC3 or something? I was like :eek: Then he voted for RGB and so I got haxd pwned for a while there. We both had 300+ ping on survivor, so he suggested an American server:

69.28.221.44:7777

Where my ping was more like 160. Unfortunately that guy didn't show up after I went there. Before that he said he didn't have all maps so it might take a while, but I was there for like an hour before leaving. Anyway I told him to check this forum so maybe he'll come back. He also said there were like 5 of them left in XMP. Not sure if he meant they keep playing XMP or what?

BTW is there an updated server list? that American server didn't show up on masterserver, and even survivor is like sometimes there sometimes not (altho it is always on the aybab2u page).

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
BTW is there an updated server list? that American server didn't show up on masterserver, and even survivor is like sometimes there sometimes not (altho it is always on the aybab2u page).

The master server is operating fine, but it looks like that server isn't syncing up correctly. If you find out who the admin is, you should inform them to change their config.

If you have XFire, I think it's list is pretty good, since it's based on which servers people actually connect to.

nb_steel

Kill Xmp I Kill ¥ØÚ!!!
Aug 23, 2005
Yeah my dad still plays every once in awhile. He mainly plays COD4 till our server comes back to us. His xfire is cbkws6 if you want it.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
thx killer i am bad with names, and worse with "codes" (ok another lame joke)

so crisis thats your father? do you or your father know the admin for that server? like gecko said it should upload to masterserver

altho, I have prob with masterserver tonight. everytime I go to the "play online" screen, where it connects to masterserver, XMP crashes :( with a critical error:
No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1793 MHz with 958MB RAM
Video: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series (6599)

BrowserMonkey Transient.UIConsole0.BrowserMonkey0 (Function U2.BrowserMonkey.QueryFinished:002D) Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::processEvent <- (BrowserMonkey Transient.UIConsole0.BrowserMonkey0, Function U2.BrowserMonkey.QueryFinished) <- UObject::processDelegate <- FTcpLink::ReceivePendingData <- FTcpLink::poll <- AMasterServerClient::poll <- AMasterServerLink::execPoll <- UObject::processEvent <- (MasterServerClient Entry.MasterServerClient0, Function IpDrv.MasterServerLink.Tick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\TURION_HPAdministrator_20080604004117.log
Yeah I know I'm using my slow ass mediacenter to play, but I got nothing better at the moment :( I feel like a noob...

nb_steel

Kill Xmp I Kill ¥ØÚ!!!
Aug 23, 2005
Yeah he's the one that got me started on xmp. Im 16 he is 40, been playin since December 2003. I actually haven't talked to him in the past two days lol... ive been gone and when i get home he's already asleep... but yeah ill ask him tomorrow. I don't even have xmp installed as of now, so i couldn't tell ya.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Actually a more than only 5 people at all, but well I am one of them kinda, although didnt have much time to play during last days.

Dusty

Jun 3, 2008
Hi all

To have the server on line use this program made by ]Hoc[Thorag.

http://defx.oc-images.com/files/downloads/UGameTray_v1.0.zip

You can note the server chaptor 1 is not reoriented on ms.aybab2u.com, this is why it does not appear in the list of the servers. If a person can enter in contact with admin of chaptor 1 and say to him to reorientate its server on port 27900 of ms.aybab2u.com.

garbage

a.k.a. Del!Rium
Oct 23, 2005
Holland>all
www.tbc-xmp.co.uk
thx killer i am bad with names, and worse with "codes" (ok another lame joke)

so crisis thats your father? do you or your father know the admin for that server? like gecko said it should upload to masterserver

altho, I have prob with masterserver tonight. everytime I go to the "play online" screen, where it connects to masterserver, XMP crashes :( with a critical error:

Yeah I know I'm using my slow ass mediacenter to play, but I got nothing better at the moment :( I feel like a noob...

The trick is to find the log file, (should be in U2xmp System dir), check it out. See in usually the last line which part fails to load. Then delete that (it should be located in the system dir aswell). It'll automatically redownload the missing thingy from server, so it's okay to remove.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Thx. But it was crashing when I was trying to see the list of servers, not when I was trying to connect. It kept happening sometimes, but seems to have stopped. I used Web Update a few times, but not sure if that's what fixed it.

Now that it stopped crashing, I can't see any server at all. The web based master server shows the 3 servers (survivor, EQ2, Chaptor 1) but the in game list shows none.

BTW, I have posted in Chaptor 1 forums and they responded. That's when their server started to show up on the web based master server.

Let's hope this gets fixed eventually...

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Thx. But it was crashing when I was trying to see the list of servers, not when I was trying to connect. It kept happening sometimes, but seems to have stopped. I used Web Update a few times, but not sure if that's what fixed it.

Now that it stopped crashing, I can't see any server at all. The web based master server shows the 3 servers (survivor, EQ2, Chaptor 1) but the in game list shows none.

BTW, I have posted in Chaptor 1 forums and they responded. That's when their server started to show up on the web based master server.

Let's hope this gets fixed eventually...

Have you tried playing with all the tickboxes? Sometimes it's just XMP breaking things, despite the new master server's best efforts ;)

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hmm, I usually play with the Dead or Empty boxes, and it would show some old IP for Survivor (which doesn't work anymore). I haven't tried all the check boxes tho.

Are you saying you got it to show the active server in the game? I hope it's not just me :(

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Your 'currentmasterserver' setting has probably changed to the last masterserver in your list, which is totally non-working and doesn't crash XMP. As you said, 'ms.aybab2u.com' master server works via the web, but something definitely seems to be wrong with it being accessed via port 27900.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hmm, in that case is there any chance we can ask them to run it through another port? which is what, 1337? LOL

And if the last master server is not working, should the auto update remove it? If it gives you an empty list when in truth there are servers out there, it can screw us up. And if I want to host a listen server, and no one can see it because the master server keeps it to itself, I won't have a party :(

Even if I set ms.aybab2u.com as my only master server, I still see no server listed. So none of the master server works (in game)?