I need a female

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
...to do a very small bit of voice work for me. You know the "three frags left...two frags left" announcer? Well I want to do that in a feminine voice. You just need to speak clearly even if it's accented (actually a hot Euro/British accent is a plus here) and have a decent way to capture the voice locally on your end to send to me.

Privacy is promised if you'd rather no one knew it was you. UT has a long history of "Who's voice was that?" and you could add yourself to that list if you want to remain anonymous. Reply here or reply privately to my email if you are interested. It would take 5 minutes of your time but I can promise you that your voice will be everywhere. Many people have asked for a female countdown announcer and when I release it there will be a bunch of groups grab it, I promise.

If you think you might be interested, try to record yourself once. Then listen back carefully...Do you hear your own breath in the mic? Is there background noise? The voiceover must be really clean sound and done in a feminine husky sort of tone. I can do a lot of audio work once I get them but the original has to be the best recording I can get from someone.

I did a "Postal Babes" type mod for the monsterhunt2 winner but I had to tone it way down after player feedback. Now I'm modding for Bummonkey's adult UT DM server: 63.215.74.183:7777 and I don't have to worry about "too much". Thanks for your interest. I'll use girlfriends, wives, grannies, whatever if it makes a good announcer. Here's your chance to live forever!

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Don't we all.

Get yeself a wife. :p

Original Post?

525f9f6026b8d7c1c6542427a3ab64dd.jpg

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
@NeoNite: thanks for that upload. I like the voice but I want to do a clean one with no echo. For me that gets old quickly and it's not really 'personal'.
@Delacroix: I have a wife. And 2 daughters. That's why I escape to gaming. :D

I guess I'll go to craigslist. Two people sent samples but it sounds like third graders (no offense but true female voice 'sexy' begins >30 when the self-assurance kicks in). You have to OWN voice work or it just sounds like crap. If you need to laugh before you record so you don't feel awkward, then it's just not your thing.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
@NeoNite: thanks for that upload. I like the voice but I want to do a clean one with no echo. For me that gets old quickly and it's not really 'personal'.

Try doing some audacity/wavelab mess on that one to remove the unwanted effects.

@Delacroix: I have a wife. And 2 daughters. That's why I escape to gaming. :D

If I had one, you wouldn't see me here AT ALL. :p

no offense but true female voice 'sexy' begins >30 when the self-assurance kicks in

Amen. I just can't stand teenies that think they're oh-so-sexy and make me go flat every time they open their mouth and start talking with those kiddish voices of theirs.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
No, they are good bro. Hit the "download the zip" links. I'm gonna mirror these, they fill a niche in the announcers I can't find anywhere else.