I for one welcome our new celebrity overlords...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheWhaleShark

This world is spinning around me
Dec 14, 2001
A little to the left.
www.rit.edu
MetalMickey said:
Certainly, Id like to hear it. Open another thread and we can discuss it, including the various failings of all sides of the political spectrum and systems. :)

Well, OK, you called my rather obvious bluff, but at least I can still expound upon my point. All is not lost yet. :)

The point that I'm trying to make here is exactly that I can't really expound on Irish politics, because I haven't really experienced it firsthand. Certainly, I can study Irish politics in class or something (and have done so), but that is inherently different that actually being in Ireland and watching how it works. I can't trust what I see or read in the news over here, since all media is inherently biased anyway.

In the same way, while you can study American politics and read about our problems and whatnot in your news, that is inherently different that actually being here and seeing how things work. You can't really comment on American politics, much as I am in no position to tell you what's wrong with Irish politics (other than obvious things...we can both point out obvious flaws to each other).

I honestly think putting Arnold in office is an exercise in the ideal American system of government: the people of California were unhappy with their leadership, so they had him removed and replaced with someone else. Honestly, I don't think Schwarzenegger can **** up any more than any other politician. Hell, I think he can probably do a better job.

EDIT: Grammar correction.

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
cj_27223.jpg

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
i think this is really stupid. not neccasarily because he will be a bad governor (that remains to be seen). but because noone really knows how good a governor he will be. he has never actually stated much about his policies. he just kindof got in on the gimmick factor. i wouldnt have voted for him.

Feb 26, 2001
England
He's the anti-politician vote, so you can't blame people for voting for him. I actually think he might do a good job, as he doesn't need to worry about extorting as much money as possible during his time in office.