I finally installed Win7.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I've finally stopped putting off the upgrade and just installed it tonight, now that I'm on a 64 bit OS, what should I expect?

Any major problems that I should be aware of?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Nope. Even some of my pre-vista-era hardware runs better on 7 than XP.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
As far as I'm concerned, it's the most reliable operating system Microsoft have released - absolutely rock solid.
I haven't had an issue with it since I bought it pre-installed on my new computer, so this is good to go for quite a few years I reckon.
Having said that, I might try out Google Chrome OS on my other rig when it's released.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I find that Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 crash after about 40 minutes of play in Windows 7 - but mysteriously, one of my Win 7 machines has no problem with it.

Blazing Angels cannot be run in Windows 7 because of it's ****ty Ubisoft DumbRM scheme (crack it). Project Nomads cannot run at all. There are more, but those are ones I have tried recently.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
As far as I'm concerned, it's the most reliable operating system Microsoft have released - absolutely rock solid.
I haven't had an issue with it since I bought it pre-installed on my new computer, so this is good to go for quite a few years I reckon.
Good.

I'm looking at putting a new rig together right now and, of course looking at W7 Professional. There is also Ultimate but I'm yet to work out if there are any advantages over Pro.

XP saw me right for eight years but the old rig is just to old and too slow and I can't pack enough RAM into it anyway.

You can always run W7 in XP Mode too..........

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
Good.

I'm looking at putting a new rig together right now and, of course looking at W7 Professional. There is also Ultimate but I'm yet to work out if there are any advantages over Pro.

XP saw me right for eight years but the old rig is just to old and too slow and I can't pack enough RAM into it anyway.

You can always run W7 in XP Mode too..........

I'm pretty much in the same situation. I've already settled on Pro though. Ultimate is just too expensive for the little extra you get, while Pro is pretty much a necessity for the WinXP compatability stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions#Comparison_chart