I don't want no girls in Heaven, just give me a -47!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20030824/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_ak_47_heaven_1

Some soldiers also say it's easier to get ammo for the AK — they can pick it up on any raid or from any confiscated weapon.

"It's plentiful," said Sgt. Eric Harmon, a tanker who has a full 75-round drum, five 30-round magazines, plus 200-300 rounds in boxes for his AK. He has about 120 rounds for his M16.

I find that particularly ironic becuase as I type this, my roomie, a Gunner's Mate, has close to 800 rounds of ammo in his locker and under his rack. Whenever he feels the slightest inkling that his current stock won't be enough, he can go down to the armory to pick up at least 500 more.

It's pretty sad when the Army has trouble giving it's frontline trigger-pullers the ammo they need when the Navy can give E-3 GMSNs as much as they desire. :mad: Cut the paperwork, Army and start trusting people to take personal responsibility for their actions. :rolleyes:

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
yah its more plentiful beacuse the AK is the most popular gun in the world! derrr!!!! Plus, US soldiers are SUPPOSED to be trained well enough that they don't empty whole mags in 2 secs. 120 rounds, thats 6 mags... thats a lot. Now if a huge revolt started, i doubt the army would say, "Sorry Johnson, you've used your 6 mags for the week. Looks like you gotta knife them all!". That much ammo isn't needed.

edit: also that soilder interviewed was in a damn tank! They aren't going to be using the M16 as much as just a guy walking around.

Last edited by a moderator:
*open console
*console

.. .. .. ..

summon infiltration.infil_hk69
summon infiltration.infil_40mmammo

*equip HK69, fires and reloads
*during reload, open console
console
allammo

"Woooo! I gone done got mah automatic HK69!!!" :)

Oh well, at least the soldiers dont have to worry about jams as much now.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
KAC did make a rifle with the exact same ergonomics and rail mounts as an M4A1, but chambered in 7.62*39mm for use in Afghanistan.

Surely 120 rounds isn't a standard load for front line infantry?

Nevermind picking your targets, surely sometimes you need to supress the enemies fire (especially at night)?

Last edited:

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Some commanders actually don't trust their men with live ammo. It's sad but true, and even worse is that you're not always sure if the fault is in the commander or the men. :(

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Nevermind picking your targets, surely sometimes you need to supress the enemies fire (especially at night)?

Warfare is more about supression then shooting even. Picking targets is a luxury, as the enemy is trying to supress you too!
Yea but I thought thats why they issue SAWs and the like so that they can lay down fire while the guys with the semi-autos are more discriminate with their targeting. I could be wrong though esp with the americans, as from what I've heard they are moer a "spray and pray" type of infrantry.
-How.

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
err yah 4 mags, heh my math roxorz! even if it is spray and pray, the people interview were A GOD DAMN tank crew. Too bad they have all that steel and a 120mm cannon to use instead, along with a 50 cal...

Last edited by a moderator:

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
yah... whatever, this whole ****ing war is reatarded. I wish someone would ****ing assinsinate Bush...

They aren't infantrymen with no rifles. They are tank and vehicle crews. But now the war is no longer about slamming into fixed positions and units with as much firepower as possible. It's patrolling streets, and in those situations, sitting in your tank or Humvee isn't always a good idea.

Back in WW2 and Korea, the same **** happened, with much the same result. Tank crews starting "acquiring" anything lightweight, portable, and automatic.

I'm just pissed that for all the "humanitarian aid" that gets into Iraq, the guys catching bullets with BDUs don't have easy access to loads and loads of ammo. I'm not in Iraq so I don't know if it's the fault of local leadership, supply types, or the people in charge of running this war. Maybe it is just an Army thing, since the Marines are holding the parts of Iraq that have no desire to fight back. It's a symptom of a dumbassed situation getting worse.

Nightmare, where have you heard that commanders "don't trust" their men with live ammo? I find that hard to believe given that some of these units have taken more losses in occupation duty then on the offensive.

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Kuroshio Apocal said:
Nightmare, where have you heard that commanders "don't trust" their men with live ammo? I find that hard to believe given that some of these units have taken more losses in occupation duty then on the offensive.

Not from any official sources. I'm not even going to start searching for links, but some servicemen complained about low or non-existent ammo rations. Both in Iraqi Freedom and Desert Storm, actually.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
[b said:
The_Pikeman][/b]I could be wrong though esp with the americans, as from what I've heard they are moer a "spray and pray" type of infrantry.
-How.
How exactly does one "spray and pray" when their rifle has no automatic firing mode? The characteristics of the M16 pretty much force accurate firing.

-Keiichi