I apologize to Yellow5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NextoneX

Jan 4, 2000
members.xoom.com
Last night in IRC I blerted out who won the survivor show, not thinking that it hadn't aired on the west coast yet. I am very, very sorry if I ruined it for anyone, and I didn't mean to spoil the fun for anyone.

Sorry Again :(

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
RizMan

A bunch of gobsh!tes (IMO :D) get stranded on an island for like 16 days. Each day or so they hold competitions to see who is worthy of surviving and hold a secret ballot to kick someone off. The survivor gets $1,000,000.

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
It's a weird show that they bought from Sweden (well, the idea at least).
You get 16 people on a plane, dump 'em on an island somewhere warm, and let 'em play Robinson Crusoe. They get divided into 2 teams, and start building a camp (one for each team). Then they get to live on rice and bugs for some weeks. Every week there's competitions, one where they can win food an' stuff, and then the big, weekly I-get-to-go-live-in-a-resort-competition, where the teams compete, and te winners get to send one of the people in the opposing team off the island through voting. In the end there's four people left,and the final round starts. When they're down to two (by means of competition) all the others are brought back, and they then get to vote for one of the finalists, and the winner is...well...the winner.
That's a rough descripiton, but I hope you get the picture. Yes, there's people picking on each other, and, yes, they're hungry most of the time, but for some strange reason people want to watch this...
<phew> 'Nuff rambling done, anything else you want to know? Yeah, yeah, I DID apply to be in the first season here in Sweden, but they didn't want me... <sob>

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
In Germany a show like this is already running. 10 or s.th. people are stranded on an island near Malaysia for 2 month, but I don't know it exactly. They must kill snakes, fishes and roosters (yes!) to survive.
But I never watch it. It's the same stupid crap like Big Brother. That's the show where all this comes from! (Thank you Netherlands ;))

The show RizMan referes to is I think the second Survivor show which they are planning right now.
A second season of Big Brother will also start in September along with various spin-offs of it:
- ten people staying one week in a bus
- people chained together for one week

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
They're shooting BigBrother here too. I, personally, think all these shows stink. Survivor would be good if they were left on an island without help from the outside. Then they could collect leaves and what-have-you and try to stay alive. When they'd had enough they'd be shipped off, and the last man left on the island would be the winner.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Ya know, I think they should have "Survivor in the Ghetto" where they drop off a bunch of white bred yuppies into the ghetto and leave them there, and see how long it takes for them all the get gang raped, shot, mugged, beat down, and called biznatches. Now THAT would be interesting.

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
CHRYSt

Yeah, well, the prob with that is that they'd have a show that lasted for 13.5 minutes, and they have to censor the last 13 minutes. Instead they let these people live on a paradise island for 10 weeks, and they get a show that lasts at least as long.
I think it's an interesting idea though. Cruel, but interesting... :D

|H|Alarion

Neighborhood godless fragger
Mar 30, 2000
Yorktown, VA
www.rabid-wolf.com
Chryst, I was raised in a ghettoish area but the real ghetto around here is oh.. 15 minutes away (downtown). I think a *group* of "whities" would last a *little* longer than that.. maybe 14.5 minutes :p

For real though, I don't like going down there, even if I am with all "brothas" when I go... I get the same kinda looks a ghetto child would get who was wandering around Bel Air... ya know? Hell, cops are scared to go down there :p *lol*