How we will earn our money in Future INF version ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
How we will earn our money in future INF version ?

When vehicles will be introduced into INF, we will start to see some anti vehicles weapons. And those kind of toy cost a lot.

How to have a RL based starting amount of cash ?

Maybe if the wold war idea is in INF, we can get money from territories we annex.

Of course we do not want a frag-based counter !

Just wondering...

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
ost militaries will fork out as much cash as is required (and of course within their means) to get the job done. Since real GIs and SpecOps don't have to "actually" purchase their weapons, I see no need for a system of money.

I agree that this could add alot of interest to the "World war" idea however.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I think the question of money is important. Because it is thing which depend your laodout, and then your behavior in fight !

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
As I've said before, you cannot expect to keep a totally realism based loadout cost. Just change them to also reflect gameplay and real life cost. Which I'm sure the Infiltration team are doing for 2.6

ninjin

The Franco-Japanese Carrot
Feb 24, 2001
Dalhousie Univ., NS, Canada
WORLD WAR! ! ! ! !

the world war idea is great!!! it will mix conventional warfare (Team-DM) to individual missions (Assault) and it would lead to a sort of campaign mode!!!!!

[L]-Baston

Clan LIMEY Founder and Leader
Apr 10, 2001
London, UK
www.clanlimey.co.uk
Originally posted by HanD_of_DarKNesS
ost militaries will fork out as much cash as is required (and of course within their means) to get the job done. Since real GIs and SpecOps don't have to "actually" purchase their weapons, I see no need for a system of money.

Agreed - i utterly dislike the fact that because of monatary restraints tactical op's is fought with players all possessing just MP5's... no true squad level organisation. Its just pathetic sometimes...

Were as here ;) man i am in paradise...

[L]-Baston

Apr 10, 2001
London, UK
www.clanlimey.co.uk
But...

Effectively the bulk restriction represents "money" because it does limit you to what you can actually have. If money was introduced into this mod it would be foolish. Its not what infiltration was about and one of the principles of my personal migration from that excuse of a mod tacops... i still play it [clan obligations] but i dont enjoy it a single bit.

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
Like Baston said. And the fact that vehicles have their own disadvantages will hopefully ensure that maps will not become jeep-fests :)

For example, one nade and you take a whole jeep out (hey, are we getting claymores? :)))

Or, snipe the driver and you got the jeep either going out of control or stopping, in either case you can pick off the rest of the occupans at your leisure.

Finally, just one word. Sicily.

Many maps will simply not have the proper layout or size for vehicular usage. For a while anyway.

So I think monetary restrictions are unnessary. Perhaps a map-specific limit of 1 or 2 vehicles per team at a time...

[L]-Baston

Apr 10, 2001
London, UK
www.clanlimey.co.uk
Originally posted by DredDamo
Like Baston said. And the fact that vehicles have their own disadvantages will hopefully ensure that maps will not become jeep-fests :) So I think monetary restrictions are unnessary. Perhaps a map-specific limit of 1 or 2 vehicles per team at a time...

Personally, even if maps become available that can cater for them, i see jeeps being turkey shoots and death traps... even if you manage to get to where you need to go its likely there will be a least one sniper on the case of the driver...

I think, if it was introduced, you should see a single vehicle per team... however i'll never ride in one... equation...

Driver - sniper target
Passengers - driver dead, jeep crashes, jooz dead...

Its a death trap... ill take the screenshots and send the postcard.

{LOD}WolfBear

Cannon Fodder
May 2, 2001
Texas
Visit site
I agree that getting to wrapped up in a monetary system could ruin the game, but if for say clan play you could work out something in world war that gets you more money as you win, it would rock. (Of course as I usually say I aint the one who has to code it so its no skin off my nose I will play one way or another)

{LOD}WolfBear{:D} -my daddy was a pistol and I am a son of a gun-

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I still don't like the idea of using a monetary system. Currently, the only loadout I have which is limited by the $10,000 cash we are all allotted is my PSG loadout. Nothing else even comes close unless you are equipping more than one primary (read: Rifle-type) weapon.

I can just see what it'd be like if a clan league was developed which had a monetary system incorporated. The clans who did well would simply get better thanks to better funding and thus greater selection of weaponry, while clans who didn't do so well would lose all hope by losing adequate funding.

It's true. Bulk is the major limitation in INF (especially with the tweaked system promised for 2.86). Money would just make things too complicated beyond it's current implementation until new gametypes are created (and even then). Heavy anti-vehicle weaponry is bulky beyond belief, so people won't be running around with a LAW or RL and 20 rockets for it, or even another primary weapon without being limited to crawling speeds.

This isn't CS or TacOps.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
The original idea behind 'money' in infiltration was that there would be a way to limit for the not so bulky things a players can put in his loadout.

This way you will not be able to have a loadout consisting of only a PSG-1 & dozens of grenades not because it is a lot of bulk, but because you couldn't "afford" that loadout.

I think that's what the roadmap said, but since it's outdated maybe the team has a better solution to this balancing-act.

// ---
The money-system (where one team gains money because they win a round) is the most idiotic/irritating thing in CS & TO.
If this is done in a realistic way, then the loosing team would eventually be fighting with knives and a pistol against an enemy equipped with everything in the armory.
While it may be a fun challenge once in a while, I don't think it is fun in a league where losing a fight would have that big an impact on the available equipment in the next clanwar.

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
OK you mentioned the CS word so here's my thoughts.

In the interest of competition why not give the losing team more money? Basically if one team is more skilled than the other the combination of their innate skill and increasing cash flow is going to snowball and put the losers in a hopeless situation.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
If we were to do a really cool Infiltration war, we should go one step further and create an entire society! We could have computer controlled populations that react to the government and military, players that arn't military but actually are elected leaders to government (or overthrow their governments), and military leaders who can give commands to the players int he military. It can an entire virtual planet!!!

And the technology for this will be available in only 30 years!

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
Rogue's sarcasm about monetary systems being slightly too much for a combat sim, we at http://infwar.tripod.com are trying to do exactly that - build a league based on world domination in which each territory conquered brings in a certain amount of cash (per week, probably). This cash is used to purchase loadouts and commit attacks on other territories.

Vehicles are currently not in our priority, we want to keep the combat aspect totally INF. :)

Just add more variety to it, so clans will not be able to equip multi-gun loadouts (well, they could but it would mean other wars might have to be fought with pistols only). A provision for mercenaries (non-aligned, hirable soldiers) is also made.

See the post for Infwar and the poll for some more details.

[L]-Damodred

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by LCJr.
OK you mentioned the CS word so here's my thoughts.

In the interest of competition why not give the losing team more money? Basically if one team is more skilled than the other the combination of their innate skill and increasing cash flow is going to snowball and put the losers in a hopeless situation.
That is the problem with a money-system :
- give the winning side too much an advantage :
You get a snowball effect where the loosing team ends up fighting with knives ...

- give the 'loosing' side too much compensation :
The money-system might end up as useless.
Because win or loose, after a few rounds/wars you can afford a reasonable loadout.

Trying to find a happy medium between the two is extremely difficult, maybe even impossible.

I think a simple server-set amount of max. money / side is easier.

The 'Inf-War'-community can use this to give one side a bit more or less cash than the other.

Standard Infiltration : you get the amount we have now Or something that is adjusted to allow a you to use all the weapons in the armoury. (not in one loadout of course)

And on some servers they can increase/decrease the amount if they think that allows for better loadouts.