How to tell if you're 1337

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How do you tell if you're 1337?

• You absolutely know for sure there is no redeemer on November...or is there?

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • You don't get lost on Face

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You know that no matter how much you try you can't switch weapons on instagib

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You can definitely tell the difference between Red and Blue teams, even though you forget which team

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • You participate in official polls that confirm your 1337 status

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
Re: It happens

Originally posted by fart2000

Many a time have i run an entire map dodging and jumping like a blazing idiot, thinking that I have the flag and that i'm awesome only to realize after i get back to my side that i'm missing something....Oh yeah, THE FLAG!

Damn I'm a mO sometimes.

that's happened to me several times.... jump up and down on our flag... WHY aren't I scoring!?!?!? dammit!!!

what's worse though is when you *HAVE* the flag and don't realize it :D pick it up by mistake on D, then just hanging around whistling merrily and wonder why my teammates are all trying to blast me towards our flag ;)

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
Originally posted by 8-4-7-2
"It never happened, that you went into the enemy base, heroically dodge enemy bullets, and pass whole defending armies on the way out, only to arrive at your base, and notice you don't have the flag, cause you didn't look it that flashing yellow "You've got the flag, return to base" in the heat of the battle" :)
LOL! yeah, that happens to me occasionally as well. of course in retrospect it kinda figures. you think you have the enemy flag but nobody is chasing you. hmmm why would that be? :D but you're too busy dodging, jumping, strafing to notice you're not carrying the flag. cracks me up every time i find out. :)

fart2000

did i do that?
Aug 28, 2001
front row center
Visit site
It's OFFICIAL, I'm still a mO

I can't believe it! After all of this discussion the very same evening I did it again. Running, Jumping, Dodging, thinking i have the flag, when i don't. I'm such an idiot! I'm the best reason to have freindly fire turned on...so my teammates can cap my ass and knock some sense into me:mad:

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Talking about being on the wrong team:

gramps: You remember that match on Daarj16 with XeneX and me, many, many moons ago? :)

So we played Daarj16 with 5 people (yes you name it). Me and XeneX, against gramps and two n00bs. The n00bs aimlessly ran around and where never seen.
I take the enemy flag and start my long way home. So in the central area I meet XeneX only to see he is shooting at me. I think he tries some launch thingy, so I ignore it. He continues so I say "Hey same team". He stops only to start again after a minute. Meanwhile gramps took our flag and standing in our base together it dawns to XeneX that I'm on his team.
Know what happened:
Me and gramps wear the same skin. Freylis :lol:
XX neither looked at team or flag colours. Things happen :)

And to top it off, when our flag was back, I stood in our base and didn't get up to the flag. XX said there was some lift, and it was so well hidden right at me nose that I didn't see it. Had to give him the flag to cap :rolleyes:

Ph34r my l337ness

Last edited:

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
lol i remember. :D

all i have to say Darji 16 is one hell of a map. no wonder when you finally see somebody you want some action, regardless whether he's on your team or not. ;)