How to make friends after college?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Discuss. I'm having trouble in that area. My life is so fucking boring.

Go to a bar, pick up womens. Bring them home, fuck them. Do not call them. After a week or so, where you have been picking up other womens, call the original ones, explain that you're really busy with your life right now, but can you still be friends?

Profit.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
Go to a bar, pick up womens. Bring them home, fuck them. Do not call them. After a week or so, where you have been picking up other womens, call the original ones, explain that you're really busy with your life right now, but can you still be friends?

Profit.

Go to a bar by myself?

I'm not looking for girlfriends or fuck buddies. I have a live-in girlfriend. I'm asking "how do I make friends?" Preferably guy friends.
At my job, it seems unlikely. I've tried, but like in situations before, theres that one person that doesn't want me in their social circle, which makes things difficult. I still try though.

Perhaps I need someone else's perspective.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Slap every single person you see on the ass as you walk by from here on out. Eventually, one of them will want to hang out with you.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
Slap every single person you see on the ass as you walk by from here on out. Eventually, one of them will want to hang out with you.

I get the humor, but I guess I'm in the wrong place. I had assumed that my situation is something most people can relate to.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I have only humor. I spend all of my time reading and writing for school. When I have time to myself, I spend it reading and writing for fun or hanging out with my wife. Occasionally I go drinking with other grad students, where we discuss our current progress with our reading and writing.

It is truly a delightful life.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I have only humor. I spend all of my time reading and writing for school. When I have time to myself, I spend it reading and writing for fun or hanging out with my wife. Occasionally I go drinking with other grad students, where we discuss our current progress with our reading and writing.

It is truly a delightful life.
Jason, when I grow up I wanna' be just like you.

to the OP I would ask; how did you make friends before college?

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Meet other friend's friends and friend them. No seriously, easiest way to make friends is to meet them through people you know.

Also, if you have any likes or interests see about going to a local meetup involving any hobbies you have. Good example: I like boardgames. There's local gaming groups in the area. I go to them, now have more candidates for friend status. Huzzah.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Go to a bar by myself?

I'm not looking for girlfriends or fuck buddies. I have a live-in girlfriend. I'm asking "how do I make friends?" Preferably guy friends.
At my job, it seems unlikely. I've tried, but like in situations before, theres that one person that doesn't want me in their social circle, which makes things difficult. I still try though.

Perhaps I need someone else's perspective.

I'm curious what kind of problems you are having with your co-workers where that one person doesn't want you to hang with them. I'm guessing there is a story here? This could give more insight in how to help you.

My advice is find a hobby you can share with friends and meet people in your area. There are so many niche social networks for these sort of things. Make it happen!:)

I can't be bothered to read threads before posting.

You shouldn't be posting in this thread, you should be reading it. STFU and learn something.:mad:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES

Profit.
Holy shit!

You MADMAN!

THAT MIGHT WORK!

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
I'm curious what kind of problems you are having with your co-workers where that one person doesn't want you to hang with them. I'm guessing there is a story here? This could give more insight in how to help you.

My advice is find a hobby you can share with friends and meet people in your area. There are so many niche social networks for these sort of things. Make it happen!:)

You shouldn't be posting in this thread, you should be reading it. STFU and learn something.:mad:
I'm never invited places when this one guy is around and he thinks its pretty sly to talk "in code" about parties and such. However, I've been invited out when hes not around.
I guess hes the first to become friends with someone new, so he kind of wedges himself in place socially.

I guess my question is, how do I make friends outside of work?

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Scott84, like BBA said, find yourself an activity. Any sport, club, hobby or neighborhood watch activity you might feel interested in. Usually sports or clubs are team/group activities by virtue of a shared activity.