How to make a deliberate proof of an aimbot.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Hiya Tak!

Hmmm.... i think the questions should be "are aimbots being used in pro matches?" instead off (see topicstarters post)

But uuh... i can prove that there are aimbots(aids/scanline based) only by showing download links. But logically i cant post that in here. I dont use aimbots and i sure dont feel like set up one to make a movie with it even though it would be on a private server.

Dont bother pm/mail me with requests like "gimme" since there are like only two people i would 'thrust' givin the bot(link) to. The pest is that once some low-moral guys have it it gets spread like sasser.

As said bfor... my wild guess in publics only 1% of the players use aimbots and they probly get bored so quickly they not stay in a server longer then 2 or 3 rounds.

Anyone seen that thread from faust bout using the laserpointer to make homing missles lock? I can only guess why he trying to make such a mod/mut and im quite sure he has only good intentions... (experimenting, having fun dev something or just showing off the cool stuff that he makes).

All in all... interesting topic... and yeah (raw/uncompressed)vids are THE way to prove ur suspiciouns or claims concerning to cheats, exploits and/or aids.

Cheating or aimbots are like robbing a bank... no bank is 100% secure. There's also no such thing as 'the perfect crime'. Aimbots are always technically possible (any coder knows that) aimbots are boring... cheaters are useless... and one cannot escape the fact that playing (having fun) as a team, in an honest social way, cant be beaten by anything botty.

DM era is PASSE (grow up already loner)

p.s. sorry i know i make myself sound so leet in here now... im ashamed... i dont wanna look like a 'i know it all' or such. But being 32 years old and playing online FPSes for MANY years just brings some baggage with me.
Been there, done that, seen it... and finally... ignore it.

Last edited:

SwiftPaladin

Boing!
Feb 4, 2004
San Jose, CA
I agree with iCQ. Curiosity should be suppressed by knowing that it will only lead to further curiosity (until attaining an actual aimbot, testing it...). Short answer: they exist in XMP.

I suggest that Saito do not make the video (think of the political ramifications!--it reminds me of the nuclear bomb) nor foster any more 'curiosity' in an already touchy community :)

ok, flame me now :D

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
iCQ said:
Dont bother pm/mail me with requests like "gimme" since there are like only two people i would 'thrust' givin the bot(link) to.

For the love of anything whoever reads this considers holy.. DO NOT GIVE ANYONE those links. Regardless of how "trustworthy" you think they are. I realize it's easy to search for them and find them yourselves (thankfully most cheaters have ADD and searching for a bot for more than 5 minutes is too difficult) all it takes is ONE cheater to know the location for ALL cheaters to know the location. If they want to try to cheat, let them figure it out on their own. They won't - because they are too lazy. I mean afterall, they are too lazy to even play the game! :rolleyes:

I reiterate: If you have cheating information.. STFU about it. Hoard that information like it's a 10 trillion dollar bill. You already know about it.. that's too many people already :(

Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Again (for the 10th time ;)) ur right Mantik... im sorry i already said too much there!

And yeah thank GOD cheaters ARE lazy!

U know what... here is the link for you lazy @sses: :404:

If u friggin wonder why this link is 404 then i can only wonder;
HOW THE %#!$@ WERE U ABLE TO DOWNLOAD/INSTALL THE GAME ANYWAYS? :D

Oh and if some (re)tard is actually going to BOTHER to email me and open my reply attachment (=generate prove)...
Then I DID warn you right here:

1) You might end up on pbdb.com (and alike) thus forget your gaming cd-keys/GUID's/online play...
worldwide ban (who knows ut2k4 will PB aswell)

2) in case u reply me "how does this baby work?"; please, take of that dunce cap.... BE MORE CAREFUL with what you download and open!
Some 'cheat' spreaders actually trojan/spy you to steal your CD-KEYS!!!!

Last edited:

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
In terms of my using a bot to prove they exist.

If you don't belive they exist, you have your head up your ass. It uses the 2k3 engine basicaly, so converting a bot is not hard. I have already gotten introuble once for posting a bot link here, and I talked it out with admins, I would recommend that others do not post a bot link.

in case u reply me "how does this baby work?"; please, take of that dunce cap.... BE MORE CAREFUL with what you download and open!
Some 'cheat' spreaders actually trojan/spy you to steal your CD-KEYS!!!!

Very true, the only bots I trust are ones given to me personaly. That's not to say I use them. However there allot of well known botters in the Unreal franchise that make bots for every game, some clans are bot clans. XMP gets less bots for it because the initial one has yet to be coded against... unlike 2kx where security is updated there by forcing them to make a new one because the old one doesn't work.

For the love of anything whoever reads this considers holy.. DO NOT GIVE ANYONE those links. Regardless of how "trustworthy" you think they are. I realize it's easy to search for them and find them yourselves (thankfully most cheaters have ADD and searching for a bot for more than 5 minutes is too difficult) all it takes is ONE cheater to know the location for ALL cheaters to know the location. If they want to try to cheat, let them figure it out on their own. They won't - because they are too lazy. I mean afterall, they are too lazy to even play the game!

I reiterate: If you have cheating information.. STFU about it. Hoard that information like it's a 10 trillion dollar bill. You already know about it.. that's too many people already

At one point I did agree with this, and I still partialy do. The whole time we were on the ladder in 2k3, I didn't think there were cheats out there.... then boom someone showed me one in action in game on a ladder just to prove a point.

The link I posted for the 2k4 aim bot (btw 2k4 anti cheat stops it) can be coded easily into xmp. I posted that link for the sheer purpose of showing you they are out there. Just googling "aimbot" won't let you find it, allot of these sites are gaurded secrets.

I don't think hording information helps much of anything. They are out there, in abundance. Hording information just stops the casual player from using a bot, it does nto remove the bot, or the "clan" bots. Trigger bots are far simpler and more common, and harder to detect.

I suggest that Saito do not make the video (think of the political ramifications!--it reminds me of the nuclear bomb) nor foster any more 'curiosity' in an already touchy community

ok, flame me now

I am not going to flame you at all. Trust me I know this community is touch, and aimbots are touchy in any community. It's been my experience that those who deny aimbots are either; 1 ignorant, 2 use them already.

I do also realize that making that vid to prove them would have to be 3 vids. 1 no aimbot, 2 aimbot that hides so you can't tell they have it, 3 uber aimbot that kills all. I also realize that making that vid would have to be the stupidesting I could do, but it would vindicate several people.

I have given various links to various people that I know wont cheat, and can code some sort of protection. But I have been specificaly told by BU admin not to distrbute those links (several times) so to those that know me aim me and make up your own damn mind on the subject.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
saito i know bots excist but i also know i dont use them and have been accused of botting alot on good nights

thats not the point and i could get aimbots all i like if i wasnt to lazy to look for them just to show them off (where the fun in not aiming)

really i think the whole subject should be dropped becouse its quite pointless we/you/everybody here is argueing about something that is or isnt happening and that theres no quick fix for becouse xmp dosnt have a dev/update team

Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Bout Saito... i cant say much since compared to him im a super uber newbie here. Maybe he is trolling but to be honest he isnt by far as annoying as all those 'just registered 1 post users' who make 1 word posts (or even threads).

I wouldnt mind to see all those aimbot threads to just disapear into thin air... it gives people a bad taste to the game whilst most wont even ever run into an aimbotter.

Most servers (if not all at this moment) are filled with normal respectable players. Ok sometimes a TKer here or there... or a leet player pickin fruit from the ground... who cares... one vote and its over. Or a swap server might help as well. If i compare XMP to the other online games (from the same era) then i have to say its pretty decent here! (some protection would be nice... but power to the people... we have a VOTE system)

Awareness IS of course important... but to overdo such a thing is sickening (im refering to the accusations).

Come on... u dont need prove that some people 'can be' or even 'will be bad'... right?

Peace

Last edited:

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
sorry...

This thread was originally intended as a half joking, half making a statement thing.
The joking part was obvioius: wouldn't that be so cool? hehehe
The making a statement part was a bit hidden: just wanted to give people a chance to realize that a) everyone should stop discussing aimbot seriously (let's just joke about it) and b) until a proof comes out, no amount of words will change some people's believe.

To people in the know: I know too.

I hope people will stop treating the whole aimbot issue too seriously on the forums. It isn't a serous problem on the pubs, as ICQ said. And when it gets serious on the clan matches, measures are taken to counter them... *me gets slapped in the mouth*

So chill out, have fun on the game, and on the forum too. heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.