How is Chaos ut2 installed with zip?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mad Max RW

Road Warrior
Nov 13, 2003
www.duckandcover.net
The readme is pretty straightforward. Unzip it to the UT2004 directory, or if you're paranoid like me unzip it to a new folder. Then copy the ChaosUT2 folder in the UT2k4 directory.

Copy the contents of the Music folder (in thw new folder you created) into UT2k4/Music directory.

Copy the contents of the System folder (in new folder) into the UT2k4/System.

Then create a shortcut to Ut2k4. Right click on it and chose properties. Next to the command line, or Target, add -mod="ChaosUT2"
Here's what mine looks like:
C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe -mod="ChaosUT2"

You can change the icon of the new shortcut to a ChaosUT2 one by right clicking on it, chose properties, then Change Icon, Browse, and select the icon in UT2k4/ChaosUT2/Help

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
thewalkingman said:
amazing they didnt include a *.bat file

The BAT file was thought about but we did not have enough time. Hell we did not have enough time to even build the zip or UMODs. The plan was to have them both out at the same time. UMOD for the windows users, ZIP for Linux/MAC and any power users. But it just did not happen. Everything that can go wrong with a mod release did. we had servers that died, FTP time outs (and where your upload 400 mbs worth of stuff thats 4 hrs of time "lost"). Yeck....

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
Check this box:

[ ] Next time I will prepare the release beforehand

Stuff like a *.bat should be finished way before it comes to uploading and is worth 2mins of creation time...

edit: and yes, I had to upload 400MB for release as well...

R.Flagg {MoO}

Mar 12, 2001
www.home.earthlink.net
Bazzi said:
Check this box:

[ ] Next time I will prepare the release beforehand

Stuff like a *.bat should be finished way before it comes to uploading and is worth 2mins of creation time...

edit: and yes, I had to upload 400MB for release as well...

:rolleyes:

Bat file that critical huh? Strange, I never even use them myself.

The zip does work. You just had to point it to your UT2004 directory. And then copy/paste a few lines into your ini if you wanted our mutator w/o activating our mod. Which can be done in less than two minutes too, btw.

And yes, it was detailed in the readme.

Hardly a big deal, considering what all else there is to talk about in PR3. So if that's the worst that you noticed, life is good. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Just tack on \UT2004.exe -mod="ChaosUT2" and it's better than a batch file. Don't have the damn dos window popping up with it.

But yes, excellent mod.

Oh, and the hoverboard, especially, is great! Even though it's only a beta...you can still summon it in a level. Extremely fast...at least twice as fast as a manta (it seems) with a speed boost.

Last edited: