How does one go about skinning monsters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
...this is probably really easy...

I've been hunting skins down for other reasons when it hit me that there's some impressive skins for Unreal1 monsters in the ut2004 Invasion. Like this one for the Warlords:

00c2rqf6.png

I even went looking for more and found a few dozen good ones, like this wicked looking thing for the Krall:

00c2sxt6.png

Thing is I've tried skinning monsters on maps before with mixed results. One time it worked great...but I haven't managed to do it again.

I went into monster properties, a specific monster for a specific skin, went under display, and under skins put the skin in I wanted to use. It worked, a variant Skaarj that is fairly amazing. However, when I tried it for the Warlord it didn't work even though I did the exact same thing.

Take me back to basics. How do you skin monsters?