How do you display the IP address of someone you're directly connected to, over AIM?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
jc!, you are asking how to hack people. Think a little, you idiot. Are any of us REALLY going to tell you how to do this?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
File and printer sharing is on by default, if my memory serves me correctly, but I'm not sure which folders are shared for non-password needed stuff. First, go to the Control Panel and open your network connections. Whichever one is connected, right-click and open its properties. Right on the first page is File and Printer Sharing, so uncheck that. Open any folder and go to Tools > Folder Options > View, or hit Folder Options in the CP. Down at the bottom will be "Use simple file sharing," which means people don't need a password to share your stuff, so uncheck that. Finally, there is administrative sharing available by default, meaning anyone who's good at cracking passwords can figure yours out, then log in to your computer remotely and get access to your entire C drive because that's shared by default. Disabling that requires a registry edit, because even if you turn it off, it'll reinstate itself once the computer is rebooted. Yay Windows! http://www.petri.co.il/disable_administrative_shares.htm. If you even want to go so far as to disable the shared-between-users folders, open My Computer and there should be a Shared Documents icon. Open its properties and you can either turn it off completely, or make it so no one but you can write to it.

That's all I can think of for now.