HOLP3 Volume 1 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

matw

Jul 9, 2003
Adelaide, South Australia
Congrats on another great release. Very high quality stuff here. Great gameplay and beautiful simplicity.

I've updated the latest MapMixer Release Candidate 3 Map Database with tagged comments for these maps, so you can create a Map List Filter with a comments string of "HOLP3" and it'll list all HOLP3v1 maps for a gametype - or just "HOLP" for all HOLP maps. This makes it easy to keep track of what belongs to the map packs. I've done this for the CBP releases as well.

Thanks for another great set of maps!

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
The only thing I noticed: *ahem*prefixes*ahem*

The majority of the team decided that the HOLP prefix would look clunky. We also went with no tags before, so it'd look really clunky if holp1 had none, holp2 had none*, but holp3v1 had them.

*Admittedly holp2 had a little confusion in this regard and has a couple tagged maps.

Anyhow, thank you all for the friendly words :)

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
The majority of the team decided that the HOLP prefix would look clunky. We also went with no tags before, so it'd look really clunky if holp1 had none, holp2 had none*, but holp3v1 had them.

*Admittedly holp2 had a little confusion in this regard and has a couple tagged maps.

Anyhow, thank you all for the friendly words :)
The problem for me right now is mostly due to well kept style of naming maps - they all have short names and that's quite confusing. And when i want to add maps from HOLP3 to check them out, I need to have a list of them open on the 2nd display, as I can't understand if this what map is from HOLP3, and what map belongs to HOLP2 or HOLP1

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
The problem for me right now is mostly due to well kept style of naming maps - they all have short names and that's quite confusing. And when i want to add maps from HOLP3 to check them out, I need to have a list of them open on the 2nd display, as I can't understand if this what map is from HOLP3, and what map belongs to HOLP2 or HOLP1

I'm with you, all the way. But to be honest, I blame UT3, and rarely do I do so.

UT3 sorts maps by File name, not by the friendly name you can assign in the *ini. So, no matter how well you tag in on the *ini, filename will always impose, and this is just bollocks.

Only MapMixer overrides this issue and sorts maps by friendly name, which makes everything way easier, but owww well

nfleming

Jul 6, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
Truly awesome. Amazing how well these play. They just feel so, what's the word, 'comfortable' maybe. They play so well, feels like home, well, not that my home has body parts lying around...:eek:

Thanks again team.

matw

Jul 9, 2003
Adelaide, South Australia
Regarding Map Naming (while remaining on topic), here's an example of what's possible with MapMixer.

Each column in the Map List Editor has various display/sort modes. If you Right-click on a Column Header in the List, it will cycle between modes, as displayed below.

This image shows the 3 different modes for the Map Name column.

mapmodes.jpg

The standard mode for the first column (ie 'Map Name') is an automatically generated/modified name that uses the rules applied in the 'Auto Map Rename' function in the Settings->MapMixer Menu applied to a Map's Friendly Name. As you can see in this example, the phrase CBP is being moved to the end of the Map Name automatically, thus enabling sorting via the real name (not CBP first) yet still indicating via the map name that it is a CBP. Note that the Comments column, which of course is also cycled by Right-Clicking on the column header also has some tags in it, which I used to create the filter that is displaying these maps (ie Comments = "HOLP,CBP").

Note how this affects the sorting as well, which you can set by Left-Clicking on the column header. I personally like to move any Map Tag Prefixes that find their way into a map's friendly name to the end of the name, so I can sort via that actual name of the map.

Without trying to hijack this thread to plug my mod, I just thought I'd mention this, in case it was of interest to anyone regarding displaying, filtering and sorting of maps.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I absolutely love CTF-Tangled. My favourite map since I first played Coret and Face on Unreal Tournament. It's that good, and it look great too. I love the floor with the hex tiles blending in and out. And great gameplay, plenty of combinations of escape routes.

These looks awesome and I'd love to play them, but I've been out of the loop I guess. I can't remember where everything in the zip goes, and I can't seem to find a link to the self installing .exe version anywhere. :(

I've also got my ut3 integrated into Steam, so it seems the \My documents\MyGames.. etc route didn't work.

UPDATE: Well I did manage after some fiddling with the directory. Seems Steam was hiding a lot of stuff I thought I'd installed but hadn't had time to play/test out.

Now to go see if I can't get Jailbreak installed properly. =)

On topic though, Absolutely LOVE the HOLP stuff! It seems the guys have extra leverage to really tweak the lighting in these maps for the better. CTF-Tangled gets another nod of strong approval from me,

Thank you all who worked on these!

Last edited by a moderator:

C4ASESINO

Mar 2, 2009
THX team! nice job, this volumen is amazing, Fully designed for an excellent
Gameplay i love all maps are really funny, my fav is Oxidezed.