High Ping Bastards - some tips

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. Clark

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
I hate team damage... hated it in Tribes, hate it in UT. It is just one more obstacle for hpb's.
I'm a medium pinger myself, but due to spikes, occasionally have to play like a hpb. so, here's my tip:
If you are suddenly having terrible lag problems on a server, feign death, and then check to see if there are any BOTS on your team. If there are... start giving them orders! Not many people take the time to do this, and it can make alot of difference. (Tip: most human players go offense, so it usually helps to set Bots on defense)

bullet2.gif

"In my business... I have another motto. It's 'Live and Let Die.'"

Bmx

Dec 13, 1999
Visit site
Great post /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

im usally a LPB but when i get that high ping i know what you guys meen /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif then you gotta adaptto it and use weapons that dont need to much accuracy..like flak canon or let the ripper rip thru corners /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

A good tip for Ripper is to shoot in front of enemies feet..i have got alot of headshots that way /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

He who walks in the shadow valley of death shall fear no evil :)

RedWormCharlie

Dec 7, 1999
TheMercs.cjb.net
Hey don't forget that HPW's Have the best advantage when ya use the shock rifle and sit in yer bases entry way using the secondary fire and then first fire! SHOVE EXPLOSION! It's a tactic I use when my cable goes fluy!(which happens every 15 minutes) Oh and if yer good enough with leading the Sniper rifle is AWESOME! When in trouble aim to the head and hold the trigger! You will get a head shot and that poor LPB will wonder what the hell just happened.

RWC