hide the weapon hand...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
Originally posted by Lt._Aeryn_Sun

Shame on you :)

Lt._Aeryn_Sun

Chick with gun

I was in a hurry at the time and I just glazed over it real quick.
/Must put more effort into noticeing such things.
If you notice around here there are alot of people with Farscape avas and/or sigs. Lots of Farscape fans here at BuF. The more the merrier.:cool:

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I always thought the weapons looked cool and I sorta miss seeing them there, but my aim improved a lot when I switched to hidden. If you don't want to switch to hidden weapon, focus on the crosshair, not on the weapon. The weapon is just for show, you are aiming at the crosshair, not at where the weapon is pointing.

Pope

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
Hiding your weapon, apart from being a cheat, also helps your FPS. And we all know that increasing your FPS is cheating. :)

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I've never had any problems aiming with my weap in view... Dang, there's a crosshair in the center of the screen, use it! And btw, I like the way the UT weap's look, so I don't think I'll ever ditch those...

That's 2 cents from an über-geek...-1337...erm...player... :rolleyes:

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Originally posted by Pope
Hiding your weapon, apart from being a cheat, also helps your FPS. And we all know that increasing your FPS is cheating. :)

Don't forget that its a DOUBLE-CHEAT to hide your weapon in Instagib Matches. How would anyone know what weapon you are using?? LOL

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
I went off the deep end this weekend and hid my weapon. Aim did seem to improve, but LOL at forgetting which weapon I had. Seems I kept failing to check my HUD. I haven't used the weapon icons on the HUD for about 20 months. :) I do think I will stick with it for a little while, but I do miss the weapons on the screen.