hey s.a.r.g.e.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
yersterday i was playing ctf with no mods and this new level came up called saving, and it was based on the mlast fight scene in saving private ryan! now, the only problem was it was not completely accurate, was totally flat, and most importantly had no bridge. so, what i was thinking was since im wrapping up my map right now, im gonna make that scene in saving private ryan, almost like an exact replica. i'll make tanks, the bridge, the church tower, everything! itll be very cool. and of course i'll also be using that handy little terraedit to get rid of that flatened look the other one had.

S.A.R.G.E.

WWII Mapper
Jul 7, 2000
www.geocities.com
spr last battle

that map ive been looking for and planned on making it myself but i never had the urge yet...so i wish you luck and hope it all comes out good on the other end /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S.A.R.G.E.

put some screenies up when you get the chance /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

www.geocities.com/overlord_661944

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
sure

yeah i'll definately will be putting up pics. the question is should it be capture the flag or teamdeath match? if it was ctf i could make one flag in the town itself and one flag across the bridge. hmmmm.... i'll have to think about this one.

S.A.R.G.E.

WWII Mapper
Jul 7, 2000
www.geocities.com
dm or CTF?

definetly TDM.....i hate to see good maps with ctf interfaces, it makes them fake, where would you see 2 armies fighting over taking an object, again and again? domination would be good to hold the bridge as in the movie, or maybe even assault to where you must defend the bridge and attack as the germans? but you will never see a CTF level out of S.A.R.G.E.!!!!!!

thx S.A.R.G.E.

logo1.jpg

www.geocities.com/overlord_661944

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
Why not make it both? Just change the name of the map to play DM, or CTF.

----

-MiscMan

balloon.gif

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.

-Isaac Bashevis Singer (1904-1991)

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
weeeelll

yeah, i just watched spr again at a friend's house and took special attention to the last fight scene. ohhhhhh lord, i can just see the poly counts rising....rising....and rising. i was thinking this. i will have an L shape for the town. at the end of the L i will have the bridge so while on the bridge you won't see much to keep the poly view down. on the other side of the bridge in the movie is another town, and that part in my map may be non existent. maybe a few houses, but not as complex as the other part. eesh. this will take some time! well, im gonna go plan out the terra edit. wish me luck.

JB.gif

kinf

Jun 7, 2000
cartman.go2.it
the map

Hey once your done with that set up some screen shots on the forum tell me how it works out /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif