Help with PatrolPoints

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
Now that I've gotten a monster inside my UT map, I'm trying to lay down some PartolPoints. The Unreal Creater C&C Guide has some info, but not enough for me to get them working. I've placed 13 PatrolPoints so that they can see each other. A Paths Define connects them with blue paths. I have a Squid with Patroling Orders, and PatrolPoint0 as his OrderTag, bNoWait set to True. When I test the level, the Squid just sits there, moving in place, and not following the Points. What am I missing? Do you have to edit every PatrolPoint and set its PatrolPoint - Nextpatrol to the Object Name of the next PatrolPoint in the chain?

Sn00k

Feb 21, 2000
Pasadena,CA
Visit site
I had the same problem.. I figured out that if the patrol points are too far away from the Pawn, even if they are straight ahead of him with nothing blocking it's view, The PAwn will just stand still with his thumb up his A**. Just place the points closer to the pawn and It should work..

S

STC_Wacky

Did you know that you do not actually have to give the creatures partol points to get them to move around (unless you want them to do something specific).
Here's how......

Place a creature in the center of the room, right click and select his properties.
Go down to +Orders then put bFixedStart to FALSE, in the Orders box write in 'Roaming' (without the quotes) and thats it.
'Wandering' also works

[PuF]STC_Wacky
030.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

I did exactly the same thing Wacky did and my monsters are patroling fine. They roam the map and even follow me through transporters. Now, how do I get them to stop hunting me down, when they have 15 other players running right by them?

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

I got the monsters to appear right when the game starts, but I can't get them to respawn. I'm new at this and I really don't know what I did, except use scripted pawns and change some "Advance", "AI" and "Orders" commands. Nothing dificult. I'm at work, so when I get off, I'll post what commands I used to have them initially appear. But, I can't get them to stop chasing me and respawn.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
Here's what I have: it's an underwater CTF level with GameType set to Class'Botpack.CTFGame'. I put a Squid in the water. When I test or play the level, the squid behaves properly and attacks me. My problem with the PatrolPoints was that I wasn't linking them together with the Nextpatrol var. But other than that, the creatures behave when I put them in. Maybe you have to have SOME kind of GameTyp defined or the monsters won't work?