Help ! strange error messages !

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
after downloading and installing different visual skin themes for my XP-pro,
i get this windows popping up after every restart or launching applications.

i dont know if there is a relationship with the downloaded stuff..but pls help.
what does those mean and what to do now ?

yes messages are in german language.sorry.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
2sy.exe -> looks like you've got malware on your computer (well, from what I've gathered it is related to malware. Apologies if I'm mistaken). Google the name and you'll see.

I'm looking for that big recent thread which had recommendations for good anti-virus programs.

You could give Avast or AVG a try. Nod32 isn't bad either. Be sure to use adaware as well.

Found it: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=180168

Read this thread ;-)

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
ok.i try a scan with an antispyware programm now.lets see.:(

Edit: running newest ad-adware and avg anti-virus right now.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
A tip: Keep an eye on where you download from. And also the processes running on your computer. Check regularely. (ctrl-alt-del combination). If you see anything you don't know, do a search for the name on google. See if it is related to spyware. Be careful though, make sure you're really dealing with Mal/spyware.

There's also a program called Hijack this. This produces a log of all ongoing processes on your computer. Carefully read the program's instructions.
And here's a page for an online scan of Hijack this the resulting log. (I hope I'm not making this too complicated, I have the tendency sometimes =-)...)

Hijack this is more advanced though. Make sure whenever the program produces a log, you read about it or post the problem on a hijack this forum. People might be able to help out. Venturing alone on this isn't recommended.

But stick to the antivirus programs for now! See if it can provide a sollution.

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
oh yeah.ad-adware says its a worm (viking).
avg is stupid.cant find relaunch scanning.
i will have to try to start a back up.
meh...with win98 (me) i never had sucha issues.hmm it must came from ebay or deviantart.:mad:

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
These days i'd recommend not using AVG. Too many recent updates have had false positives rendering people's computers un-bootable. For free AV I'd grab Avast!

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
First, disable System Restore. Download and install trial version of some more known AV such as NOD32 or NAV2009 and perform full system scan. You might want to boot into safe mode (or WinPE) and then try delete malicious files manually from your Windows directory (*sy.exe).
Go to Run... -> msconfig and under Startup tab remove any suspicious entries (check Google if your're not sure what to remove).

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
back home again.lol wifey interrupted online scan.just started new.

ty dear buf mates for quick replies.the online virus scan is great zenny :)
so far i have put the worm under quarantaine on ad-adware and here is a screenshot of the current online scan.it says it will remove the malware after.

Edit: according to the thread neo mentioned, i got to say the freeware antivirus program "avira" is really good.

Last edited: