Help please: No clear cmos jumper on my mobo, image attached

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Penfold-

Anyone know how I might be certain to clear the CMOS?

I've changed the battery, but would like to be certain of a CMOS clear.

Small red lines in image I added myself so you can find the CLRTC label fast. Left mobo is a friends (A7N266-VM revision 1.03) manual image on right shows revision 1.00 which has the blue jumper next to it.

Attachments

• clrtc.jpg
    clrtc.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
no don`t short that.
You`re looking for three pins sticking out of the MB with a jumper thing crossing two of them. The computer runs when they are jumppered between the one outside pin and the center, and resets the CMOS when it is jumppered between the other outside and the center pin. Make sure the power supply is turned off and the power has discharged out of the componants or it will not take when you move the jumpper and leave it for a few seconds, then reset it to the original possission. It Should be close to the battery, we need a wider shot.

-Penfold-

The only jumpers near the battery are fan power connectors...

That's the beautiful thing in the manual. In the descriptions it says to short solder points, yet it shows a diagram of a 3 point jumper in 1 and 2 for operation and 2 and 3 for short. Also, the mobo pic shows a jumper (as illustrated) It shows it being close of course, to where it was, and I think it's probably the two points above C392

-Penfold-

Asus A7N266-VM revision 1.03.

I went ahead and shorted the connection above the c392 label after unplugging and removing battery. The time reset, so it appears as though it did it unless 1 minute of the battery out did. I've heard the battery needs to be out longer to have that effect, though.

Thanks to both of you for responding. :)

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
Although this isn't too obvious: try turning it on without the cmos battery... essentially the cmos checksum should fail on boot and cause the defaults to be loaded. I've seen at least one motherboard work that way.