H&k Ump45

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should they add the UMP45

• Yes! .45 Forever!!!

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • NO! We have enough SMGs as it is!!

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Ahem.

They were FIELD tested and came out at least 50% better then the g3.

Testing is good for figuring out quantitive things, like barrel heat or the amount of barrel warp that will occur after a month's worth of firing. But testing can't cover subjective things like the ever elusive, "Battlefield performance".

Originally posted by /=-
No Problem OOD :p
But how many police forces do you know that take on hostile forces armed with weapons like M16s AKMSUs MP5s etc. in military bases or wartorn cities? :D

LAPD SWAT team, among others (yes, I do live in LA). MP5s, M-16s, Benelli M3 shotguns, Level III body armor, armored battering ram vehicles, even heliborne assaults.

Hannibal1

Forever sig-less
Jun 14, 2000
Visit site
I'm not going to make a practical argument for or against the specific weapon suggested...but I will take this opportunity to promote that whole "free speech" thing I'm trying to keep around here.

"/yurch bangs striderteen's head on the sign that says "new weapons ideas are generally disregarded".
Sorry, it had to be done.
Inf team has a plan right now for its weapons."

That doesn't mean the suggestions forum should be free of weapon suggestions. It's worth letting people voice their opinions because every day in these forums people are coming up with creative and intelligent suggestions that shouldn't be missed.

I see no problem with attacking someone's idea, but please don't attack their choice to introduce that idea to the forum.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
I'm not going to make a practical argument for or against the specific weapon suggested...but I will take this opportunity to promote that whole "free speech" thing I'm trying to keep around here.

I'm all for free speech on these forums. Morons are free to make moronic suggestions (hey how about double pistols?). And those who have discovered the wonder that is average human intellect can make some suggestions of their own.

If someone wants to hop onto the forums and make a suggestion based on playing INF one day and their extensive war movie/show knowledge. Then we should be free to respond with six pages of end sentence punctuation.

If someone can't handle having their position debated without crying like a little bitch and running home to mommy (Bullzeye) then they should keep their upper and lower jaw firmly fastened together.

If someone wants to suggest a weapon then they are free to do so. But we should be free to not take it seriously, and point them to the sign that says, "Weapon suggestions are generally disregarded". If they want something non-milspec, then we should be able to give them the link to the thread in which ShakKen says quite clearly, that no more non-milspec weapons will make it into the game.

As a matter of fact, it seems an increasing number of people need to be reminded of that fact.
http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=39054
The 7th post from the top. When you read that go cry to your mommy, because she won't laugh at you like I am.

PS Striderteen this is not directed at you. It's merely convienent to put it in your thread. :)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
There's a difference between free speach and cheap talk.

Morons are free to say moronic things, but on the flipside, I'm fre to abuse the hell out of them for it, should I deem them worthy of it. And after that, everyone else is free to abuse the hell out of me, or praise the hell out of me.. and on and on it goes...

Now hannibal, did you want to apologise to everyone for inadvertantly telling them that they only have a right to free speach if they say something stupid or didn't read the descriptions and various other threads first?

Hannibal1

Forever sig-less
Jun 14, 2000
Visit site
"But we should be free to not take it seriously, and point them to the sign that says, 'Weapon suggestions are generally disregarded'."

You are free to ignore the posts, but continuously (verbally) beating anyone who suggests a weapon that is considered taboo around here achieves nothing save make you feel good about yourself(which you shouldn't).

I see discouraging suggestions from newbies as an attack on free speech and the flow of new ideas into this mod(in essence, an attack on the mod, if you wish to carry the point so far).

"Now hannibal, did you want to apologise to everyone for inadvertantly telling them that they only have a right to free speach if they say something stupid or didn't read the descriptions and various other threads first?"

Feel free to read my post over again if you wish and try to come up with something sensible to say, but at this point I won't give a real answer to your post.