Grrr Polycounts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Hmm now im lost

Right for a bit of hands on help i loaded up the strike force maps cannal and bridge!! And i tested out the polys on those maps and they are the same as my polys where before i tore it to pices, no i havent played sf much but i know that those 2 maps run quite well? So what is an acceptable poly count? oh and btw the trees had to go... So now the banks are empty!!!

I noticed in the bridge map cos of high poly count from the side you can't go off to the side like in my map I might have to do that 2...
im starting to think the ut engine dont like bridges!!

WhackZero

whack0
Sep 13, 2000
bellevue, wa
members.cox.net
like what good ol bastard'o said...

please explain the usage of semi solids. i read several tutorials on them, but i'm still not quite sure what they're for...

Gullonefox> i was gonna make a bridge map that looks kinda similar to yours, but i'm still learning how to use ued2. i'm currently working on a "map" (which is really just a level where i'm experimenting with stuff) that consists of castle areas. anyway's, since you're working on a bridge map, i guess i dont have to make mine ;)

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
No please carry on with your map!!!

No m8ty carry on with it its always good to have a few maps on the same subject and plus from the trouble I have had with this map I could lend a helping hand!

And btw i am gonna make another one to with a more modern feel!