Ground Branch (by Blackfoot Studios)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
They already changed movement speeds and other stuff. It's going slow, but it does.

Problem is simply they have no money and therefore no workforce. It's a reality.

They'll release a tech demo soon, so people can see stuff. Later they want to release the early access, to flush in some money, so that they can finally pick up the pace.

Potential is all there, I saw it in the alpha testing builds, but it lacks the logistic right now to push things further. We'll get there.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yup, it's happening guys.

Please pre-order the Operator Edition to support them and give them a tip while at that. Money decides how far and how fast they can go.

My humble contribution (Note the over shoulder is DEBUG mode for testing):

Free-aim enabled:

andy_kosela

Jul 31, 2011
The amount of time it is taking for Ground Branch is enormous, it looks and seems like a worthwhile game. But does anyone here think that they are hiding many particular malfunctioning bits and pieces of the game that they just cannot build? I am kind of cautious about good looking community games that have AI in them. One, even Infiltration doesn't really have that good of AI... it could even be worse than Takedown. I think in some ways you guys may be assuming a little too much on how well this game will turn out. If it turns out like Swat 4 AI but a bit more serious or militant, then you're going to see a pretty cool single player or coop game. But if the AI are running around and don't legitimately have goals then you will find that you can outsmart them severely, and you wont have all too much trouble doing anything unless they have godly aim. It's just like playing Quake bots in a Arena DM shooter, they can have great aim but can be so predictable and outsmarted that playing them is boring.

One really good example of masterful AI is in Halo Combat Evolved, ignoring some silly portions of the game you can find that the Covenant AI is so strong on Legendary that you have to do things in particular ways to proceed through the missions. Some games require train of thought, and these tactical shooters are the type of games that should push that mentality the most and something like Halo could trump it. I am just saying that Indie-Game dev's sometimes have to hide their downsides of their products. And sadly the worst thing that is usually missing in a tactical shooter is decent AI.

I think the best military nonscripted AI (AI that implements realistic infantry behavior) was in Vietcong. The AI there was just amazing -- it was able to flank, duck, hide behind cover, advance and even throw grenades at you!

To this day Vietcong 1 is a great SP experience and on large screens it actually still looks good. It is easily moddable too.