UE3 - UT3 "Gritty" post processing settings?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
I wish to create a dark and gritty post processing effect, how would I go about doing this in the post processing settings? Thanks.

MualamaAlien

Giggity Giggity
Mar 1, 2009
Earth
You might want to enhance the scene_shadows in the post proccess volume for one thing, and also possibly enhance scene_desaturation a little bit as well.

Shivan Hunter

May 29, 2009
eeeew, desaturation. Sorry, but a 'dark' effect does not mean it has to look like an old black and white movie. Just my two cents.

I responded to your other thread here.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Lower all highlight values and raise all midtones values to get increased contrast. Remove some color with saturation. Bump up one specific color a bit.

For best results you need a PP Material and you can't do that in custom maps. With a PP material you could darken the screens edges and apply subtle noise over the screen for example. This is possible if it is for a mod however.

fartuess

Apr 16, 2009
You can also decrease Bloom Scale or even disable it.

btw. Hourences i hope you haven't anything against remaking Idoma :)