got a few questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
1) I put the InstaComboGib on a map recently; if you don't know it, more like the shockrifle with 2 fireing modes. Having used the mutator numerous times I'd noticed bots don't use the alt fire it provides normally, but being just another weapon pickup...now they do. Why would the bots use both firing modes with a pickup but not a mutator?

2) As I can, with varying degrees of success, skin the monsters on any given map, I've been skimming my textures directory for a particular file. Haven't found it but I did find Liandriskins.utx and I don't recognize any of the skins in there. I know that a standard ut99 install has a few extra unused skin texture packs (DacomaSkins.utx & GothSkins.utx for example) is this one of them?

3) Monsters made for Unreal1 I can't normally being up in UnrealEd for ut99 but when I can I usually can summon them or put them on ut99 maps. I know that the DoomSpawns.u was made for Unreal1 but I can being them up in ut99's UnrealEd. However trying to put them on a map makes the map not work. Is there any way to port them to ut99? Or is there an existing version out there someone already made for ut99?

Fuzz_Ball

Aug 18, 2010
AZUSA
DoomSpawns?
MH-AHellDay has Doom-skinned monsters in it.
Are these the monsters you want?
(I'm not a modder, mapper, scripter but if you need a copy of this map to dissect, I can send it to you).

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Regarding question #3

Here's the internals of Doompawns.u

00c0xbyk.png

00c0yygd.png

00c0zayt.png

It already has full monsters, with full animations, that do not need to be put on other monsters. Thing is it's designed for Unreal1, not ut99.

I need to find somebody that can port them over. It's outside my skill set.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
It looks like they're pawns using animated Sprites that are probably checking for rotation and the player's position to display an animation. I'm pretty sure that it is a huge file size because of the multiple textures for so many pawns and it would've been a lot smaller in size if they would've used meshes instead.

I wonder why they are Unreal1 restricted pawns when any other ScriptedPawn for Unreal should work in UT without any editing though. I also wonder if they coded them to have a behavior like the pawns on the Doom game which would be something nice to play against in MH in a well designed map for it. The only thing I can think of them being incompatable with UT is that they were probably made for one of Unreal's un-official patches that might contain support for that type of sprite or some custom script in default files. If that's the case, whoever comes to convert them will have to be well experienced with UScript and take his time doing so.