GOOD European Bands

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Obviously, I'm an American.

However, what I am looking for is some really good European bands. I don't particularly care if they sing in English or if it's Techno stuff or what... However, I don't want anything like Rap or Death Metal sucky stuff. Stuff like Linkin Park is okay.

I have heard Lacuna Coil (EXCELLENT band, where can I order a CD??) and Nightwish (also EXCELLENT) but I'm looking for some other popular ones that have awesome music.

Also, if anyone knows of some really good American underground music ala Evanescence, Evan and Jaron and Taking Back Sunday, I'd like to know about them, too.

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
England...I LOVE IT!
RADIOHEAD
UNKLE
Blur
Oasis
1 Giant Leap
Lo-Fidelity All Stars
Stereophonics
Gorillaz
Basement Jaxx
MS. DYNAMITE
Audio Bullys
Robbie Williams
Ok...ok...Coldplay...but...they're...so...meh

Sigur Ros
The Caesers/Caeser's Palace
Cassius
Gipsy Kings :D

Hope that is something to get you started

Winged Unicorn

From wishes to eternity
Power/Speed metal:

Sonata Arctica (finland)
Stratovarius (finland)
Masterplan (germany)

Power/Epic metal:

Rhapsody (italy)
Domine (italy)
Beholder (italy)
Highlord (italy)
Blind Guardian (germany)
Hammerfall (sweden)

Gothic metal:

Graveworm (italy)
Lacrimosa (germany)
Rammstein (germany)

Last edited:

DFB

Creeping Death
May 25, 2003
England
Visit site
Hundred Reasons (Ideas above our Station, Shatter Proof is not a Challenge)
The Darkness (Permission to Land)
Lost Prophets (Fake Sound of Progress, Start Something)
Millencolin (Same Old Tunes, Life On a Plate, For Monkeys, Pennybridge Pioneers, Home From Home)
Reef (Replenish, Glow, Rides, Getaway)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Sir_Brizz said:
Obviously, I'm an American.

However, what I am looking for is some really good European bands. I don't particularly care if they sing in English or if it's Techno stuff or what... However, I don't want anything like Rap or Death Metal sucky stuff. Stuff like Linkin Park is okay.

I have heard Lacuna Coil (EXCELLENT band, where can I order a CD??) and Nightwish (also EXCELLENT) but I'm looking for some other popular ones that have awesome music.

Also, if anyone knows of some really good American underground music ala Evanescence, Evan and Jaron and Taking Back Sunday, I'd like to know about them, too.

linkin park? evanescence?
I could name you a few awesome bands but you're looking for mainstream angst-pop.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
If you liked proper metal I'd recommend Meshuggah but oh well. Nevermore, although they're American, is very good: their 2003 album Enemies of Reality is more rock than metal, unlike their earlier albums, so you might like that particular one better.

Just for giggles, try some songs by The Butterfly Effect. They're an Australian band which I've recently discovered, and I think that they're pretty good. NOTE: they first formed in 1999 and released their first EP in 2001, they have nothing to do with the bloody Ashton Kutcher film :p

Last edited:

Snipeo

Happy lil Camper
Jan 10, 2001
#beyondunreal Sanity: [|||------] 23
Millencolin (Swedish) & Funeral For A Friend are awesome. Also note worthy:

Muse
Lightyear
Oasis
One Stop Earnest
Capdown
Hundred Reasons
Coldplay
Lostprophets
The Filaments
The Libertines
Feeder
Hell Is For Heroes
Karia ;)

American bands of note ...

The Ataris
Brand New
Taking Back Sunday
The Get Up Kids
Alkaline Trio
Thrice
Pennywise
The Distillers
Billy Talent
Catch 22
Jimmy Eat World
Finch
Mad Caddies
NoFX
Saves The Day

All super :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Balton said:
linkin park? evanescence?
I could name you a few awesome bands but you're looking for mainstream angst-pop.

No no no you missed it altogether...

I'm looking for European/American underground that is a similar style. I would rather get some that was like underground Evanescence (Origins CD and older).

I've got great suggestions in this thread....some of the bands I have had a chance to get a song for rock! :) Keep any other ideas coming :D

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Sir_Brizz said:
No no no you missed it altogether...

I'm looking for European/American underground that is a similar style. I would rather get some that was like underground Evanescence (Origins CD and older).

I've got great suggestions in this thread....some of the bands I have had a chance to get a song for rock! :) Keep any other ideas coming :D

well, then try 'Corvus Corax' that's a german band playing old medieval tunes, sometimes modernized sometimes as old as possible :)
not only a novelty.
check out Matmos' latest album 'The civil war'. it's great. american too I think. cant think of much unknown music right now.