GNU/Linux and Chris Dohnal's enhanced opengl renderer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You did it! BRAVO! :D

How?

P.s. CROWZE what's your hardware? I maybe able to help ...

Last edited:

crypt0

Feb 8, 2005
bad news

well apparently I did NOT compile the enhanced renderer but did compile something as I had a working OpenGLDrv.so that was 7xs the size of the one that comes with 436. I did manage to find a snapshot of the OpenUT cvs.lokigames.com cvs repository with all the makefiles etc.. in case any of you are interested, here it is http://icculus.org/~chunky/ut/OpenUT-2002-02-28.tar.bz2 . Also I'm going to install an old distro from way back when around 99' 00' and try to get it to compile.

frenchfrog

The mighty batrachian
Jan 18, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.ghostdogs.net
I think i'll have a look,

btw I simply don't get why you want to install an older distro, it seems to me the only external dependancy is SDL and you can still get version 1.0.x from the web site.

so if I don't miss anything I would simply have to do the following? (thx the crypt0 for finding all the needed files)
1) get sdl
2) get that OpenUT-2002-02-28.tar.gz
3) replace the files in OpenUT/OpenGLDrv/Src with the Chris Dohnal's files
4) use OpenUT/OpenGLDrv/Src/makefile
5) in worst case modifiy the SDL_LIBS and SDL_CFLAGS in OpenUT/makefile-header

am I missing something?

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
It should be that simply, but it isn't.

I have tried it several times but always got a *very* long list of syntax errors in UnGnu.h and some other header files. After reading the first post I assume it doesn't work with any gcc version >= 3.0

I will have a look too, maybe I can find an old gcc compiler in the attic ;)

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
hrmpf looks like we'll have to get the sources to 451 Ogl renderer and compare the sources, but it sounds like a lot of work to do ....

frenchfrog

The mighty batrachian
Jan 18, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.ghostdogs.net
i think it wouldn't be too much trouble, simply put Chris Dohnal's files in the utpg 451 patch.

problem is, it'll be impossible because utpg don't provide the source for the patches they make (because they would be giving the whole UT99 source tree).

Sometimes you got to love ID Software/John Carmark software release policies.

Last edited:

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Darn I though UTPG was anevolution of openUT ... It didn't even occur to me that they wouldn't have sources for the renderer ...

Oh well ... BUGGER! :(

Couldn't agree more, personaly I'm waiting for Q3a GPL to see what the smart arses are going to do with it, after seeing tenebrae and nexuiz (we're atlking Q1 here) I can't immagine what they'd do with Q3a ...