geforce 2 vs. voodoo 5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I know the voodoo 5 isn't released yet, but is the GeForce 2 GTS better anyhows. Which supports 32 bit? How about those extra textures on the second UT disk? What the hell is a gigahertz? And what is up with gl things in Quake engine games?

On a side note, are there any female custom voices that aren't filled with sexual references. Something like a Buffy the Vampire Slayer,Faith the Vampire Slayer,Xena, ect..

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>I know the voodoo 5 isn't released yet, but is the GeForce 2 GTS better anyhows. Which supports 32 bit? How about those extra textures on the second UT disk? What the hell is a gigahertz? And what is up with gl things in Quake engine games?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The second disk of UT is only usable on S3 based cards like the new Viper ][ cards.
But aren't supported by older TNT2 and 3Dfx cards like Voodoo2 and 3.

But most modern tnt2 card supports 32Bits textures. Voodoo2 and 3 Not.

By Gigahertz, i think you'r referring to the new 1Ghz Processors of Intel (i thought amd too) wo now broken the barriers of 1024 Mhz CPU's :) (/me drools on the thought of an dual P3-1.2 Ghz Pc)

bullet2.gif

I Evolve with every frag more to the ultimate Genetic Llama Killer

The 707th Silver Dragons squadron is ready for action

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff , home of the world-famous Llama Farm!