gamespy.speakeasy.net server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
[edit]icon should be a thumbs up!!!![/edit]

Does anyone else out there play on this server?

When it was set to 16 players, it was usually pretty easy to get the high score on it, but the game had the usual problems with too many players on a ctf game.

I've found that once they've set the player limit to 12, it is now a really good server to play on competition-wise. It's no longer a game of Coret where you grab flak, hold left-button down, run towards the enemy base die, respawn, do it again.

Thumbs up to the server admin for knocking it down to 12 players. This server's really rocking now. It's also been attracting some great talent too.

If you're looking to get better or just want some good competition, I now recommend this server.

Last edited:

Sparax-C1-

Jan 13, 2001
Visit site
now to get the admin to change map rotation

I emailed the admin a few weeks ago and he changed to the player limit to 12 for us but I cant get him to change the map rotation. I mentioned it in another email but got no response.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Nice. I'm glad he listened, and it was a good move on his part. It makes it a much more credible server now.

At least he took off Command :D Most people didn't cheese through the drop hole when playing, but still....

Jammer|PuF

May 26, 2000
Visit site
That is a good server now, Morety. I've been playing it a lot lately. Obviously, I'm the great talent you are referring to. :) I resent your "cheesy flag drop" comment. That's my best move! ;) I usually play as "Fred" or something when I wanna to it though.

Jammer

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yea, I get great pings on that server all the time. They fixed the player count, but the map rotation is still sub-par. Once they fix that the server will be unstoppable :)

[muTTs]R@ge

Apr 13, 2001
mutts.clanspot.com
Speakeasy is a good server. I've had it in my favourites and been playing there for a very long time. Gamespy.whitelion.net is also a good server, but lately has been having some server issues, I think CSHP related. It has settled down a bit though. I remember in the first days of the full version UT, there was a server called Blackprojects, that had an excellent rotation of retail and custom maps. It disappeared for a while but is back now, but is now a Facing Worlds server, exclusively. I have looked into contacting the admin to request map rotation but no contact info is listed. Whitelion holds 10 players and Blackprojects holds 16 comfortably. I'm bummed as Blackprojects was the first server to introduce me to great custom maps like the original Twin Valley. I miss CTF-Intro, any servers run it?

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
sounds pretty good

All GSi needs now is a European server group to tap into the Euro server "market".

Because if they will be anything like as good as the NE Speakeasy servers seem to be, then they'll be a high "traffic" server in no time :)

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
It's been in my fav's for a while. It's usually my third choice for CTF servers. I played with Jammer there a few weeks ago, Mo, and actually attempted to frag with you there on Friday night but the server was full.

Sparax-C1-

Jan 13, 2001
Visit site
email the admin

Im sure if a bunch of players emailed the admin, he would change up the map rotation for us.

I just asked him to add Orbital and Terra and maybe take out some of the crappier bonus pack maps.

His email is serverabuse@gamespy.com, and his nick is Fade.

Chimley

Sexiest Llama
Mar 20, 2000
Visit site
Get rid of Face :D

Nova, he did put Terra into the rotation.. and Orby too I believe!

Face does need to go :p :p

Oh ya.. put a "Bex filter" on there too :D

I'll be the idiot named "FragBait" or "Edge" :p

oV/Slow

Feb 8, 2001
ov.clanpages.com
This is one server that rocks for me, usually 70-90ms pings from the f1 scores thing and like 120ms in the f6 display. I play there and at ACOM most of the time and I totally agree that lowering the number of people has increased the quality of play 10 times. It has attracted some really talented players and now I can enjoy getting reamed instead of owning newbies.....what fun ;)

SUP HAL!!!!!!!!!! Come practice with oV some time u will have a blast!!!!!!!

oV/...Slow

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yea, they need to drop EpicBoy from the rotation. I have to leave the server because it chugs my system, and I lose my hard earned spot on the server :(

BangOut_[EH]

...that funny smell
Apr 18, 2000
Fairfax, VA
I played there until Beatitude was put on rotation. The map is as old as the UT demo (betcha didn't know that) and no one really seems to like it. The server often clears out as soon as it loads up.