fps help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
with the fx below 5900 u should edit ur files and change a few things

i run a 9600non pro that i overclocked it was 325core/378memory now its 432core/418 memory also changed the cas on the memory to cas1 from the orignal cas3 :)
only times i go below 25 are in some teleporters mormaly over 32fps

ill list a few we found helpfull when tweaking cards for better perf

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
DetailTextures=false <set to false to gain perf and loose quilty (all3) >
HighDetailActors=false
SuperHighDetailActors=false
UsePrecaching=True
UseTrilinear=false
AdapterNumber=-1
ReduceMouseLag=True
UseTripleBuffering=true
UseHardwareTL=True
UseHardwareVS=True
UseCubemaps=True
DesiredRefreshRate=60
UseCompressedLightmaps=True
UseStencil=true <duno what it dose but no perf loss>
Use16bit=False <set to true for lower end cards>
Use16bitTextures=False
MaxPixelShaderVersion=255 <change this becouse fx below 5900 dont do ps2.x for ****>
UseVSync=False
LevelOfAnisotropy=2 <tweak this to get better perf but remmber can cause un wanted effects)
DetailTexMipBias=1.000000
DefaultTexMipBias=-0.500000
UseNPatches=False
TesselationFactor=1.000000
CheckForOverflow=False
DecompressTextures=False
UseXBoxFSAA=true

[PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice]
FogEnabled=false
Zoom2X=True
LimitTextureSize=True
LowQualityTerrain=true
SimpleMaterials=True
TerrainLOD=5
SkyboxHack=True
UseVisibilityQuery=False
FilterQuality3D=3
FilterQualityHUD=3
HighDetailActors=False
ReduceMouseLag=False
DesiredRefreshRate=0
DetailTexMipBias=0.000000
Use16bitTextures=true<these2 settigns for all mx and fx5200-5600 cards help alot>
Use16bit=true
UseStencil=true <duno what it dose i set it to true and see not dif in perf>
UseCompressedLightmaps=true
DetailTextures=false
UsePrecaching=True

[Engine.NullRenderDevice]
DetailTextures=false <set them to false like i did(not on my system) bo gain perf but loose quility>
HighDetailActors=false
UsePrecaching=True
UseCompressedLightmaps=True
UseStencil=true <agin no clue but no perf loss so i leave it on>

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
Im running xmp on a 2.8ghz, 512 mb ram, and an old GF3 Ti200 .. I never check framerates, but i noticed that after the patch everything ran a looooot smoother :D.

Bloodsplat

I'm still here?
Jan 21, 2004
I get playable 40 fps with a unchanged ati 9600 non pro with a 1.2 duron system. It's when I'm in a large 24 player sever that my fps hits the teens. I don't really worry about that much but this summer I'm getting this sucker to a 2500+ anthlon.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
only map i really lose fps is sir....whatever something about the way that map is just makes the cards work :/

oh btw my card did come stock with lower clocks then the normal ones 325/378(ddr) so the change to the cards clocks was in part to get what the card was "officely" rated at by ATI wasnt a biggy infact it was easy to tweak the card and the gains have been pretty good to boot :)

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
meh I am debating oc'ing the hell out of mine.

Nothing helps, I have tried it all. its in agp mode, detail settings dont matter, I just don't ****ing get it.

Needless to say it sucks playing at less than 20 fps every game.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
oh saito pci mode shouldnt effect the speed of the card unless its an older card with to little vid memory then it should only be a problem for some ati cards since nvidia pc cards get less then 1% perf dif from pci to agp

agp is over rated if u acctuly get down to using agp to transfer textrues and such u might as well call it quits becouse u just lost all perf hope u had system memory is SO much slower then onboard ram of a vid card and moving the data over the system buss is horrid it just kills the perf

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
well crap I am now just ****ing stuck at 20 fps, there is nothing I can do to fix this, and I can't play well at all.

I don't know what to do I have done a full driver reinstall and everything, still no joy. I tried it with my old agp 4x pos mobo, still same fps.

L0cky

UT Envious
Jan 21, 2004
www.utenvy.com
I've got a 9600 pro, 512mb ram and an athlon 2500+ on an nForce 2 and I get 50-70fps @ 800*600 no AA-AF and 30ish @ 1152*768 8*AA 16*AF

I doubt it's your hardware but if it is it's the mobo. Try shutting down all non critical processes (everything that isn't std XP: svchost, lsass, services, winlogon, csrss, smss, system, system idle. +taskmgr obviously). Could be sth running that doesn't like XMP.

You didn't mention DX9. Try finding a removal tool, remove and reinstall dx9.02a (or whatever the newest one is from msoft).

gl

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download509.html

thats the erad program for dx

agp mode should have zero effect on ur speed agp is only truly used as advertized when ur video card runs out of memory and needs to offload texture data to system ram if that happens well uf scrued becouse that cuts the memory bw to ****

u could alwase send me the card and ill test it for u :p

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
well ****, I did everything on all websites and nothing changed, and now all of a sudden I am toping out at 15 fps with 4 people in game on garden. GG's this isn't playble.

I am going to wipe everything and give it one last try to work, if it doesn't I guess my hardware doesn't work with xmp. Getting over 70 fps in 2k3, to 15 here is stupid

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I think it's a code problem. UT2K3 was designed ground-up as a multiplayer game. U2 had mp tacked on so I'm guessing what worked well with one person isn't going quite as well when it has to do the same caluclations 24 times and keep up with everyone.

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
meh I get the same **** fps in unreal 2

this blows, I do more work trying to make this came work than I do for my csc class

I just really want to make it work

now I am getting major hard drive problems :(

Last edited:

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
After changing my U2XMP.ini file, like PF Prophet suggests, my fps has boosted by about 20. Lot of help, so thanks.

ReLiK

Waiting to spawn....
Dec 21, 2003
OK I'm just curious, on a full server of 24-26 people what are other people's fps?

I'm at about 20fps. On an empty server I'm around 40-50fps. I've edited my ini as much as I can and I've also oc'd my GFX card slightly

Specs:
9600pro, 512 ram, xp1800+

Should I expect better?

-SV-Lantus

Jan 21, 2004
I run 1280x1024 and get 70-80 fps all the time. I think the problem alot of you are having is in W2K and XP Pro unless you lock down the Refresh rate with some program (refresh force to name one) your refresh rate will default back to 60. I haven't found a line yet to disable V-Synch so your fps are going to be capped at 60. My refresh rate on my monitor is set at 85, so I can't go any higher.

Rig:
Abit NF7-S
2800 Barton (OCed to 2.25GHz)
1GB HyperX DDR 2700
Sapphire 9800 Pro
Audigy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.