[Forum-Jack] Shout-out to mah homeslice Bleeder

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Hey Bleeder (and Xaero, clanm8 Saito, and others who remember me from the glory days) :

Yes, I'm still lurking, and yes I'm waiting for the UT conversion of XMP. I'm hoping I can drag the SPP clan into playing it as well. I loved playing XMP up through the map pack release, but once the master server started imploding daily and the "community" whittled down to 2-3 clans, a handful of hardcore purists, and like 100 lame-ass bitches, it ceased being fun for me. I left and went back a month later, no progress. I figured if the community would come back, it would do so for the FMI conversion.

I loved this game, I hated to see what happened to it, and I hope to see all mah peeps fraggin on the conversion when it launches. I will once again be the uber-defense tech that pwnz all j00r asses! omfglol

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
It was the "oh noes.,., teh community is horrible!" people who whittled it down. There are alot more than just 2-3 clans, and the amount of whiny bitches is incomprehensible. Other than that though, I look forward to shooting you in the right eye socket in UTXMP.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
wtf saito, what happened to you?

nm, wishing to turn the middle east into a glass factory will get you banned right quick.

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
/hijack Do you agree with anyone Mantik? You are damn good at taking the opposing position, I want to slap you and hug you at the same time. I picture you at age 60 swatting little kids with a wooden stick as they pass by, just for the hell of it.

Worf, utxmp will bring along a larger pool of player, it will not be like "the good old days", but it will be better than this.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Mantik... I was one of those ppl... and you know why?... the community was/is horrible. You clanners make up like 90% of the honorable players. That's why I expect things to be about like Maxx describes them. Just calling a spade a spade, my friend.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Maxx said:
/hijack Do you agree with anyone Mantik?

No I don't. I like to rage against the machine whenever possible!

And Worf I didn't mean it was bad or anything, but if you want to call a spade a spade, then the people who complained about the community sucking are the ones that made it suck. 90% of the community does not post here, and we've really had no problems aside of too gay's little attempted forum rages in a long time. It's been quiet around here with people like Saito and Truth gone who do nothing but cause problems with there "everything sucks" attitudes. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's gotten alot better since you stopped posting. Not that you brought it down, it's merely a time reference. There are now nightly pickup games, a dedicated dueling server so people have a place to dm if they want to and not screw up people's games who are trying to actually play xmp. MyU is back online even though the map rotation and team damage settings are atrocious. Too gay seems to have permanently vanished, and even Unreal joined a legit clan (/gasp).

Maybe it's a coincidence and the people who made daily posts on why the community was so immature and crappy disappearing had nothing to do with it, but either way.. it's alot better than it was 3 months ago, albeit less active..

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Saito, poor saito, hopefully he can get in to read, but oh well, stop dwealing on the past, it is time to look forward at what is to come :)

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
[BBF]Mantik said:
And Worf I didn't mean it was bad or anything, but if you want to call a spade a spade, then the people who complained about the community sucking are the ones that made it suck. 90% of the community does not post here, and we've really had no problems aside of too gay's little attempted forum rages in a long time.
um... are you talking about the forums or about the actual games? I'm confused. I could give a crap about the forums, but I was meaning to say that playing an actual game was an exercise in futility with the rampant teamkilling and lameing.
Maybe it's a coincidence and the people who made daily posts on why the community was so immature and crappy disappearing had nothing to do with it, but either way.. it's alot better than it was 3 months ago, albeit less active..
If you think people were lameing and teamkilling because I was airing my woes on a chat board... well frankly, I'm sitting here trying to think of a response but it's so bereft of logic I can't come up with anything reasonable to say to it.

All I wanted was to hop on and find a halfway decent game from time to time. But the chain of events, Legend closing, the patch sort of helping but not really, the master server crapping out, servers dropping like flies, lamers taking over, UT2004 releasing... when even MyU, the last haven for decent gaming, took down its XMP server, it wasn't because wes came over here and saw "omg W0rf isn't happy, what a whiny baby", it was the result of a confluence of events that had diminished the community to the point where there where scarcely enough good players left to make it worth our time. I think most people here know exactly what I'm talking about.

What happened to XMP is neither shocking nor unprecedented, tho it is certainly tragic. Lots of awesome games get swept under the rug in the same fashion by poor sales numbers (in this case, its base game, Unreal II). That's also the reason I expect UTXMP to do so well, because of all the factors in its favor: a successful base game in UT2K4, a larger player base, a MUCH better engine, ongoing developer support, not to mention that if the U2 crowd migrates over, it will have a built-in veteran player base before it even gets loaded onto the first server.

The idea that ppl like me killed the game by complaining about problems that already existed is preposterous. If you want to find out why the forums quieted down, maybe you should take note of the fact that the REAL troublemakers were BANNED. I don't want to speak too much out of turn, but I think the admins may even have nuked Obvious_Gay's IP to keep him from coming back.

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
His IP was dynamic....his service provider stepped in, or stepped out rather.

llam0rz

[pet]llama
Jul 15, 2004
\/\/0RF said:
The idea that ppl like me killed the game by complaining about problems that already existed is preposterous..

I guess you totally missed the part where I said I used your posts as a TIME REFERENCE. FFS, remind me to never try to converse with you because talking to you might be deemed as an "attack" or wtf ever.

Either way, asshats are banned from servers and forums, MyU is back up, and there is a dedicated dueling server so lamers don't exist anymore. They go there for their DMing needs and the other servers are left to play real XMP. There is also TQ and TD tournaments and etc/etc/etc. Whatever your assbackwards interpretations or opinions on my posts are does not change the fact that the game is better now than it was back then. It's less active yes due to hiatus and just calming down in general waiting for UTXMP to arrive, but it is better.

Yeesh, annnnywayyyyys... I'm going to go play XMP. Have fun posting about it though \o/

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
There should be a new UTXMP forum when it is released. Unfortunately I suppose that will mean everyone will have a new place to post in, where they aren't banned. So get ready for that, I guess... unless beyondunreal will also be the official UTXMP forum.

Moving on... Good that you're planning to come back, Worf.

llam0rz

[pet]llama
Jul 15, 2004
Xaero said:
mantik, i think your last post was with the wrong account ;)

Yeah. I'm logged into this account at home at the moment and too lazy to go through the motions of relogging in with Mantik, whatever. Not like it matters lol.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.