For the love of pete...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
That's exactly what I mean, it's pretty simple really, all directories have a the first letter in uppercase characters eg. System, Textures etc.

Nov 19, 2004
Yes, lets not think things ahead and...well geo and un17 can point to portions of Inf code that can complete my example ;) ...

Randomas, I assume that the Inf portion of the installation followed the same first letter capitalized rule, not just the base UT installation? And does it apply to files too, or are just the directories first letter capitalized?

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Yes the rule is valid for Inf as well as far as directories go, for the single files it depends on who made them realy, I had a quik look the Inf System folder and this is what you get:
Code:
 AdvancedModelSupport.int  INF_Assets3.u        MattRS46.u
AdvancedModelSupport.u    INF_Assets.u         MattUKTownFix.u
AimView.u                 INF_Base.u           Medidecos.u
Animal_PACK1.u            INF_Bonus.u          ModernPaint1.u
CheckLoadout.u            INF_Browser.u        MouseTrap.u
ComVoices2.u              INF_Captive.u        muff_kchair.u
ComVoices.u               INF_Console.u        muff_lightblueornimentalstreet.u
Domestic_Pack1.u          INF_Core.u           muff_redchair.u
fen_wyard.u               INF_Decorations.u    muff_redsofa.u
fmfbikedeco.u             INF_EASSwitch.u      MultiMut.u
fmkdecopack1.u            INF_Effects.u        NewWave.u
fmkdecopack2.u            INF_Equip.u          NoBodyArmor.u
fmkdecopack3.u            INF_Fonts.u          Omhadec.u
fmkdecopack4.u            INF_GameTypes.u      ovmap.u
fmmg42deco.u              InfiltrationUT.u     Pearman.u
fmovmap.u                 INF_Mapping.u        Pearmedia.u
Forestdecs.u              INF_Menu.u           RangePack_1.u
FreewayDeco.u             INF_Mutators.u       S1_INF_40mm_Nofuse.u
FreonDecos1.u             INF_Pawns.u          SilentCapture.u
FreonDecos4.u             INF_TeamStay.u       SNW_RoadBattle.u
FreonRandomDecos.u        INF_Vehicle.u        Trndeco.u
GameSwitcher.u            INF_Voices.u         Ubootdec.u
Industrial_Pack1.u        KeekUT2.u            UMenu.u
InfAdds.u                 MattAttackChopper.u  UWindow.u
INF_AdminCom.u            MattCityDecos.u      WarExplo2.u
INF_Admin.u               MattOfficeFix.u      WSBottleCanPack1.u
INF_Assets2.u             MattOffice.u

Nov 19, 2004
Never mind, ignore that comment about case insensitive, I was thinking about FAT with 8+3 (damn, how did I make that big of a mistake :eek:). I guess I have all the proper cases just looking at the Inf installation on my Windows machine.

Yet another question...yes, another one :rolleyes: , is UT/Inf picky about which line characters are used in the .int and .ini files, such as CR/CR+LF/LF, or will it accept any line return character no matter what OS the UT/Inf installation is being run on?

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Now that is a serious question ... I have a vague recollection of having an issue with that on ut2k3 ... But I've never seen anything happen with ut or ut2k4.
So MY guess is no a CR+LF should be fine with all ... or better still pretend the problem isn't there and leave them in whatever form they came to start with. :p

I just opened a few .ini and .int files with emacs and it sees them as Dos files.

Nov 19, 2004
If it shows them as Dos files then CR+LF it is then.

For the first week or two of June I will have what would seem like free time, so perhaps I can get working again on my mega pack and get it compiled, if not atleast in torrent form.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Yeah, still trying to dig up some hard-to-find maps and fine-tune the inis. We're looking at around 650MB for the community pack, 1.2GB for the complete Inf installer. If anyone has lots of webspace and bandwidth spare, I'd love to hear from you :).

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
One thing to add would be the criss o dohnal renderer for linux before it vanishes to oblivion ...

Any chance that sentry will let you pull off a few bug fixes while your at it?

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
What are you planning to include in the community pack ?
All the possible muties , just a selection , some surprises ?

I don't really remember how the server/client manage that (it has been a while i had time to play online), but will it not cause some mismatches problem when one of the included community content is updated ?

Oh and, couldn't resist to zeep
geekyoulongtime8ja.jpg