FluXs Thoughts - 4th Oct 2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
It is quite funny cause most of those game types with CPs and instant winzones or delayed or destroyables are already implemented. Its just that noone wants to sit down and make a damn map using that code.

DA2 had a plan and that was a "steroid" (copyright?) DA:UT with better gfx more enemies, better AI, better defensive weapons as well as maps.

It has failed for various reasons besides the 8 fps record I had on my computer.

I want to update the visual interface a bit as I am satisfied with the current PvP build I have on my computer. Also supports offline game with bots.

Just get some maps out and we will get some new talent.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
DA|aBsOlUt said:
It is quite funny cause most of those game types with CPs and instant winzones or delayed or destroyables are already implemented. Its just that noone wants to sit down and make a damn map using that code.

there was never i formalised plan for these objectives. what i wrote above is the first time some one stated what was going to happen in black and white. and what i wrote down was what me and spec and decided after reviewing what we had.

Before then it was changing all the time and new features where coming in and out. like one day i learn "control points are now going to do this and that instead" and "i talked to dante; spawning doesnt happen like that now" etc...

i think if its decided whats going to happen it will be 100x easier for any coders afterwards to come back and carry on adding pvb and pvp as the plan will not keep changing.

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
yeah, we're going to be better about updating you all more often, you can pay us in hugs, especially for abs, he likes them