Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Movie)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
[BuF]h.h. said:
Apparently, there is gonna be a sequel to FF7 in a movie called Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I found a couple links, in case anyone is interested:

http://screenwriting.ugo.com/news/093003.php?#ffviithemovie
http://www.webpost.net/ad/adventchild/ren/gallery.htm

I can't seem to get a whole lot of information about this yet. Anyone know anything else about this?

:rockon: Holy crap! this is what they should have done in the first place! If this comes to light, you can bet I will be all over that shiz-nizzle like a hobo on a potato... (Hey what's with you and potatoes?)

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I'm fairly sure the screenshots 'n' stuff in the second link are from a new game, not movie. They are probably of an FMV sequence or summat.

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
GMR (a gaming magazine... it's... ok) had all of a paragraph on it in their November 2003 issue.

Finally, by the time you read this (the Tokyo Game Show begins September 26), Square Enix will have announced the unexpected sequel to Final Fantasy VII--FFVIII-2, featuring the return of Cloud, Sephiroth, and... Aerith. Can a girl get a Phoenix Down up in this? Believe it.

Game? Movie? No idea.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
If it's a movie, then I don't know. The Spirits Within was medicore. Besides thought, who is doing the movie anyways? Squaresoft sold off its movie division shortly after The Spirits Within because it failed to make enough money.

If it is a game based on Final Fantasy 7, then Ebgames.com has my pre-order the day it goes on pre-order. :D

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
tool said:
If it's a movie, then I don't know. The Spirits Within was medicore. Besides thought, who is doing the movie anyways? Squaresoft sold off its movie division shortly after The Spirits Within because it failed to make enough money.
From what I understand, Square Enix is still the one doing it. (Square and Enix, the two top RPG makers, merged earlier this year.)

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
I've heard different things now. I heard that at the Tokyo Game Show, where the movie I posted came from, they announced FF7-AC the movie, a straight to DVD thing (read that from lots of sources). But I've also heard from my supervisor at work, a serious gamer, that he read they were doing a remake of FF7 for PS2... but he didn't say a sequel. But-- FF XII is also in the works... so who knows anymore, these days ;)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I know FFXII is being made, I saw a poster of it on another message board a while back. It was a Japanese poster. It looked real nifty, and of course I can't wait for that game to come out. :)

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
[IsP]KaRnAgE said:
12 is normal IIRC. 11 is the MMORPG.
Part of me hopes COA is a game, the other part hopes its a movie.

Correct. Final Fantasy XII is a regular RPG (Not to be confused with FFX-2, by the way; completely different games), while Final Fantasy XI is a MMORPG.