FALLOUT 3 to be released by the end of this year!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Profe

Jun 12, 2001
Visit site
their going back to the TB system?:( I kindo liked the system in BoS better. Anyways you cant go wrong with fallout... right!? the best one yet was the first

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
woohoo fallout rocks!

btw fallout is not based on GURPS, they spilt with GURPS dur to creative differences, Fallout has its own system dubbed SPECIAL

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I'd rather have the turn-based system myself... I hate being pressured to go around clicking stuff on a 3/4 view real fast... *has bad StarCraft/Diablo flashbacks*

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by Snake13
woohoo fallout rocks!

btw fallout is not based on GURPS, they spilt with GURPS dur to creative differences, Fallout has its own system dubbed SPECIAL
:lol: a 'special' system ... if they changed systems then it's going to be pretty difficult to re-use your old character(s).

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
Reuse your old characters?!? :eek:

Vault Dweller = Most likely dead.
Tribal Guy = Most likely dead.

Hopefully there won't be anything to do with that sort of madness... :)

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
no ALL the fallouts used SPECIAL, gurps was dropped in the development of the first one

SPECIAL, the 7 core stats of your character
Strength
Perception
Endurance
Charisma
Intelligence
Agility
Luck

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
:hmm: seems it isn't really based on GURPS after all, altough it definitely looked like it was ...

As for GURPS-books :
that system has a book for almost any background/system (it is a "Generic" RPG-system ;) ) ...
I did find this
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/AtomicHorror/

Which might have the kind of background info you'd need to play Fallout-type game ...
cover_lg.jpg

jlamb_vo

{GD}Spunky{Pfc}
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I have mixed feelings for those who haven't been exposed to the joy that is it's holiness Said Game Fallout. One part of me wants to force them to feed themselves to a Yeti, another part feels only extreme pity towards their lacking, wasted lives. And then there's the giggling idiot laughing himself silly at picturing them experiencing Said Game for the first time... ah, if only I could go back to those days... yanking on the dusty leather jacket and pulling the gleaming SMG out of the rusty locker in that rat infested, abandoned vault... wandering for the first time into the Hub with trusty Dogmeat at my side... and how the sequal basically quadrupled the first game and added whole new levels of new toys (Based on Fallout 1 I didn't think I'd be able to use that Gem in the Den until the end of the game... hah!)

*suddenly shakes awake*

Wuh? huh? Oh... sorry I slipped into cheesy nostalgic flashbacks :)

Yeah I like that game its pretty cool. Fallout 3? Yeah.... that's uh, pretty cool. I'm okay. Really. *bites fist* I'm fine really.