External USB Device Problems.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Imagofer

-_-
Oct 4, 2004
Osaka, Japan
Ok, Somethings really going wrong with my MP3 Player.
Here is the problem. I can't add/delete files off there.
When I Try to add/delete a file I get this:
Just a long pause and a empty (like 2kb) and nothing works.
The only thing I can do is use the mp3 file in recovery mode; and then format the device.
I have downloaded/updated drivers for the device, along with firmware and software but still nothing seems to be working.
here are the spects that My Computer is giving me:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8888/wtf226mv.png
(mind the colour)

Im thinking that the problem is with the FAT system, since XP Runs NTFS.
If it is, is there any way to convert it to NTFS?
THe defragmenter wont give me that option, It will only give me the option(s) to do this:

http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/3307/disabled6gh.png

The FILESYSTEM field is disabled...

Any Ideas?

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
Out of curiousity, I checked my usb thumb drive... its also FAT. So FAT is not really the issue, cause my drive works fine. I can't format mine to NTFS either.

Last edited:

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
NTFS can read FAT16/32 logical drives and paratitions but FAT can't read a NTFS partition when the logical drive is running FAT

when you plug in your drive open My Computer and right click on the drive in question then select format... you should see something like this.

Who makes your drive? And you might want to check for unpartitioned space.

Attachments

• format.jpg
    format.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 6

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Fat 12? Thats a new one for me. There is nothing wrong with Fat / Fat 32 as a storage device.

Who makes your MP3 player? What model?

Imagofer

-_-
Oct 4, 2004
Osaka, Japan
My MP3 palyer is a Creative Zen Micro. It should work, - but it doesnt...
All the information is showing up on the screen (both the LCD and the monitor) but it wont read off my computer (it wont do anything at all).

Imagofer

-_-
Oct 4, 2004
Osaka, Japan
SpiritWalker said:
NTFS can read FAT16/32 logical drives and paratitions but FAT can't read a NTFS partition when the logical drive is running FAT

when you plug in your drive open My Computer and right click on the drive in question then select format... you should see something like this.

Who makes your drive? And you might want to check for unpartitioned space.
Did that, and my Manufacturer is Western Digital.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Have you considered cashing in on the warranty? If it doesnt work, then its no good to you anyway. I'm sure creative has a nice rma process.

Imagofer

-_-
Oct 4, 2004
Osaka, Japan
Tried that, they say its a software problem, and they dont agree that its the Players fault.
But the explenation that I told them is that I tried it on 3 computers, the result is the same. I have yet to get a reply from my new try.