Exploding walls....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KiloDelta

Rogue
Feb 14, 2000
Toronto, ON
how do i do 'em? without making all that fuss with the making each individual piece of the wall a mover and mapping out where i want it to land. you know, the quicker way...maybe something in the classes section i once heard?

thanks in advance.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Here is a quick tutorial that I wrote a while back...

What You Should Already Know:

I'll assume you already know how to make a mover that is set up with a trigger.

The Tutorial:

This can range from exploding cretes, doors, walls, glass and so on. This particular tutorial will cover a basic exploding air vent cover.
Once you've created your level you will want to create the exploding air vent. First make the mover then set it in your level where the air vent will be. Set its Keyframe to 1 once in place then set its keyframe to 0 somewhere outside of your level. Now add an 'exploding wall' effect next to your mover. (found under Classes->Effects->Exploding Wall)
Then set the properties of each to the following:

Mover Properties:

Event-> Event = ExplodingWall_1
Mover-> bDamageTriggered = True
bTriggerOnlyOnce = False
DamageThreshhold = 10.00000
MoveTime = 0
StayOpenTime = 45
Object-> InitialState=TriggerOpenTimed

ExplodingWall Properties:

Advanced-> bNoDelete = True
Collision-> bCollideActors = False
bCollideWorld = False
bProjTarget = True
Events=> Tag = ExplodingWall_1

Now rebuild your level and enjoy :)

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>