Error...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoRbId_AnGeL

Mar 23, 2004
OH
I will be playing and then all the sudden game shuts down and I get an error like the one below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1533 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (5304)

General protection fault!

History: FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FCollisionOctree::ActorLineCheck <- CheckWithActors <- ULevel::MultiLineCheck <- ULevel::SingleLineCheck <- USpriteParticleTemplate::IsVisible <- UViewVelocityScaledParticleTemplate::DrawCoronas <- UViewVelocityScaledParticleTemplate::Render <- AParticleGenerator::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- (ParticleSalamander XMP-WinterGarden_b.ParticleSalamander8) <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\CHARLESB_CharlesLeeBeener_20040411200913.log

WolfmanK

Puppet Master of BBF
Mar 28, 2004
Webster, NY
wolfmank.blogsite.org
MoRbId_AnGeL said:
I will be playing and then all the sudden game shuts down and I get an error like the one below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1533 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (5304)

General protection fault!

History: FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorZeroExtentLineCheck <- FCollisionOctree::ActorLineCheck <- CheckWithActors <- ULevel::MultiLineCheck <- ULevel::SingleLineCheck <- USpriteParticleTemplate::IsVisible <- UViewVelocityScaledParticleTemplate::DrawCoronas <- UViewVelocityScaledParticleTemplate::Render <- AParticleGenerator::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- (ParticleSalamander XMP-WinterGarden_b.ParticleSalamander8) <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\CHARLESB_CharlesLeeBeener_20040411200913.log

I havn't seen an error like that since the beta days. I'd report it to atari. Make sure you have all the windows updates, all the nvidia driver updates, the latest chipset drivers for your mobo and of course the latest veriosn of XMP (7710)

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
WolfmanK said:
I'd report it to atari.

hmm, report an error of a game that is unofficial and unsupported by them? ;)

i bet a total reinstall would fix the error aynway.

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
cyb said:
hmm, report an error of a game that is unofficial and unsupported by them? ;)

i bet a total reinstall would fix the error aynway.

Can you post your dxdiag log?

For starters u have to have an updated system (as mentioned above, drivers/windows update)... and u might want to consider playing in windows XP. Windows 98 aint supported by mircosoft anymore.

Also a re-install might help. Logically if u are running 'non-official' mods or whatever the game wont be stable and duh atari couldnt help you.

And yes WHEN does it happen? Always on the same map or situation?

MoRbId_AnGeL

Mar 23, 2004
OH
Happens at any time. I have all updates on my system. ME is my operating system it just show 98 because that is what I had orig then upgraded. This is the only game that I get the error on. I have reinstalled like 5 times. Still have the same problems. Any other help? DXDIAG is fine. Have ran all the tests and everything is cool.? Dumbfounded!

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
PS: Windows ME = the WORST ms OS ever.... 98 Upgraded to MS is worse than that... The only way it could POSSIBLY be worse is having 95 upgraded to 98, then upgraded to ME...

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
MoRbId_AnGeL said:
Happens at any time. I have all updates on my system. ME is my operating system it just show 98 because that is what I had orig then upgraded. This is the only game that I get the error on. I have reinstalled like 5 times. Still have the same problems. Any other help? DXDIAG is fine. Have ran all the tests and everything is cool.? Dumbfounded!

What hardware you running?

MoRbId_AnGeL

Mar 23, 2004
OH
I am switching to Linux next week. Hopefully that goes well. I have used the CD version and I like everything about it. Forget windows! I am running 2.6 processor...512 ram...geforce fx5200 graphics card...asus motherbd...pretty standard system...

MoRbId_AnGeL

Mar 23, 2004
OH
What don't you like about Linux? It works great on our servers. I gets a bad name from people who only like windows because that is all they know. All OS have there problems. At least there is less hardware issues with linux. If there is any major negative issues that I have not read please inform me! Not just a cliche but something credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.