End of the world is in 3 days. What have you done to prepare?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
I wonder how he'll react on the 22nd of October?

Is there anything that can happen that will make him realise 'God' is just another story?

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Nope. Sadly, in some instances, the end result is that the one who believed it to happen, even after a failed prediction, become more fervent believers. I believe Harold Camping to be one such case.

The greatest metaphorical work in history, misinterpreted even two millennium later.

Check out the book When Prophecy Fails.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
That guy isn't as stupid as the people who believed him.

I mean, who gives up everything they have in life because "the rapture is coming"?
If it was coming you wouldn't need to go through the hassle of getting rid of it, because you'd be swept away away from it.

That one guy's "positive" outlook, where "at least he got to see the country", where in a previous statement didn't he say that he'd rather be in heaven than on earth?
Well, now you're on earth with no money. I'm sure heaven is looking twice as good now, huh?

I bet God was planning this, but saw how people were expecting it too much, and said, "Nah, I'll wait a bit longer. I like the element of surprise"

heaven probably sucks anyway. I mean, Christians everywhere you look? No thanks, I have a hard enough time getting away from those crazy people as it is.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I still contend that religious people are a different species than I am. I'm sick of having to pretend to be accepting of silly beliefs. If a random guy walked up to you and said sea turtles had sex with barbie dolls and created the world that way you would think he was nuts automatically, but if a guy hands you a sign that tells you that an invisible man's zombie son is coming to save you from your sins we all have to accept that.